PDA

View Full Version : Quick question.

Anthus
10-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Sorry for the ambiguous title, but I couldn't think of anything, really.
..Plus people are more likely to look at an ambiguous thread.

Anyway, I know it is possible to make "side scrolling" quests via Roc's Feather, and "sideview gravity" checked, but here is my question: Is there a way to have the properties of Roc's Feather applied to another key (I've seen some quests with "Roll" button). This way, Link would not have to constantly toggle items when he needed to jump. Hell, even having Roc's Feather on B, and having A switchable to swords, and items would work if it had to be any other way.

So, I'm asking, how can you do this? Is their a script already, or is there some third action button function now? Could I use a custom combo type to place the properties on each screen to free up the buttons (Like, copy the properties of RF, and apply them to a combo, and change the button)? Does it have to do with the subscreen editor?

Note: In a nutshell, I use 'Z' and 'X' as 'B' and 'A' respectively. I want 'Shift' to be jump. ;)

Thank you, and remember, if you help out, you are helping advance the preliminary stages of Zelda-TD "2".

Din
10-15-2008, 03:42 PM
I think Joe123 made a jump script. Whenever you press "L" you do a jump. It should be in the script database, titled "Permanent Jump Script". If you want less of a hassle, there's also a screen jump script used by C-Dawg in "Zodiac". That ought to be in the database as well. Best of luck with Zelda TD! :)

Anthus
10-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I knew about the one in Zodiac. I actually thought he used a modified Roc's Feather. I wonder if it is possible to change the button from 'L' in Joe's script.

Edit: The only script in the Script Expo category is Joe's Pit/ Lava script. So, if there is a link out there, it'd be much appreciated.

Shazza Dani
10-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Hell, even having Roc's Feather on B, and having A switchable to swords, and items would work if it had to be any other way.

You can do use the Gameboy method, which allows you to select any item for A and B. I forget how it's done in ZQuest; probably a quest rule that you have to check. (video slightly related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8oCmkCRMGE))

Joe123
10-15-2008, 05:22 PM
It's not in the script expo forum, it's in this one (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1159).

If you want to change if to use another button, just go through the script and change every instance of 'InputL' to 'Input' and then whatever button you want it to be.