PDA

View Full Version : noob needs help with tiles AGAIN

zeldafreak93
10-14-2008, 04:11 PM
well I got some new sprites for Link and I've been trying to import them into the quest editor using the tile import dialogue, I entered in the area of my computer that one of the tiles was at (g:\Sprites\MirrorShield.gif) for example. I noticed that the file format needs to be ".til" so I cant upload any of my sprites.

ShadowTiger
10-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Well, a .til format being imported actually imports not a whole page, but a whole tiles page group. I mean, it contains the entire portion of tiles in a quest. When importing, you can choose to import it starting from a specific page, but realize that you're importing a tremendous amount of content into the quest. :-/

To rip only a certain part of a screenshot, press r in the tiles page, then select the screenshot you want to rip from. A .til file isn't a screenshot. To rip from it, you'll have to make a new quest, (Just for the .til file.) and import the .til file there, and hope the palettes are the same. Actually, the palettes don't have to be the same. It's only for your convenience so you can see what it'll look like with the proper colors.

Pineconn
10-14-2008, 04:50 PM
(Argh, beaten!)

Nah, just go Quest -> Graphics -> Tiles. Click on any empty tile, hit "Grab", "File", and find your .gif file. You might have to recolor it, unfortunately. (If you're using 2.5, you can press "R" and it'll try to recolor it the best it can.)