PDA

View Full Version : Questions!

PompeyLegend08
10-13-2008, 11:18 AM
I have some more questions from my last question topic!

1) How do you make it so when you kill all monsters, the shutter opens in a dungeon?

2) (I think I asked this in the last question but didnt understand it) How do you make it so on the inventory, you can change the templates of the map, triforce and everything?

3) How can I make the item space bigger? I want to make it so you can carry more items?

4) How do you make it so that once someone has spoken, that after you press A, the text goes?

5) I normally do loads of text in strings. How do I add like a little A symbol to show you need to press A to read more text?

Example: First paragraph: You need to go east and collect the sword. (Press A)
[You press A]
Second Paragraph: It is powerful but costs a lot.

6) When I try to load my quest file on the thing you play the quests on, it says "Error: Unable to open file!". It works fine on the editor. Help!

7) This doesn't always happen, but when I try to open the latest version of the player, it straight away says when I open it "Zelda-W.exe has encountered an error." And closes. I open it as an Administrator, but it doesn't let me on. What should I do?

8) How do I title the room above the map?

9) How do I make it so that when you kill all the enemies, that specific monster drops the room item?

10) How do you have more than 1 item in one map?

ShadowTiger
10-13-2008, 12:41 PM
1) How do you make it so when you kill all monsters, the shutter opens in a dungeon?I rarely did this for some reason, but I think it's as simple as just killing all the monsters in a room which has "Shutter" type doors. You're probably using the default door set methods (Tools->Doors in non-latest-alpha versions.)

2) (I think I asked this in the last question but didnt understand it) How do you make it so on the inventory, you can change the templates of the map, triforce and everything?The template? I'll take that as the default ones that'll appear. Go to Quest -> Graphics -> Map Styles.

3) How can I make the item space bigger? I want to make it so you can carry more items?In 2.10, go to Quest -> Misc Data -> Subscreen Type and set it to Revision 2.

In the later builds, (I.e. since at least last year.) we have the gift of a subscreen editor. Gashin/Sol/Relic/*b* created a Subscreen Editor FAQ file you can read up on too. (http://sotw.purezc.com/Gashin/Subscreens%20101.txt)

4) How do you make it so that once someone has spoken, that after you press A, the text goes?You have to have created the next string that it'll link to already. Go to the string before that string, and under its "Next: " pulldown, select the next string in the series there.

5) I normally do loads of text in strings. How do I add like a little A symbol to show you need to press A to read more text?Easy enough.
The coordinates where the icon will appear are settable in the String Editor at the bottom of the list of strings.
The icon itself is just an item, believe it or not. One of the Misc. Items, actually. In 2.10, Go to Quest -> Items -> Misc/Weapons and select the Misc. More... item.

6) When I try to load my quest file on the thing you play the quests on, it says "Error: Unable to open file!". It works fine on the editor. Help!Go to Quest -> Header, and change the Quest Ver. And Min. Ver. to blank, and Quest Number to 0. I never touched those anyway. Otherwise, it might be quest corruption. :-/ Save often and make backups. (Far easier to manage in the alphas, where they have automatic backups.)

7) This doesn't always happen, but when I try to open the latest version of the player, it straight away says when I open it "Zelda-W.exe has encountered an error." And closes. I open it as an Administrator, but it doesn't let me on. What should I do?Sorry, no idea. Anyone else?

8) How do I title the room above the map?The room itself? Combos on Layers. (Again, 2.10.) Titling the Dmap itself in the subscreen though is very easy. Go to Quest -> Dmaps and select your Dmap, On the second Tab, ("Appearance") you'll see it as the left box there.

Note: you're allowed ten characters per line, and, if your first character is in the upperleft most position, and your last character is in the lowerright most position, it'll center everything.

9) How do I make it so that when you kill all the enemies, that specific monster drops the room item?This statement is counter intuitive. :p If they're all dead, then which specific monster would have killed it? The last one, perhaps? Not possible without scripting.

Here's what you can do though: (At least in 2.10.)
Have one random monster carry the item. Could likely be the topmost monster in the list of monsters. Set the item with i, then set your enemies with e, (Or use the Data Menus, ... doesn't matter at all. Just more shortcuts. ^_^; ) Then in the enemies page, click the "Flags" button, (Or Hit F12 for the shortcut.) and select the box second from the bottom: "Enemy carries item." That'll do it.
To make the item appear somewhere on the screen (Hit Pageup or Pagedown until you see the Blue Rupee Icon on the bottom of the screen, near the stairs and flags icon, etc. and click the Blue Rupee and then click somewhere on the room. That'll set where the item appears.) when you kill all the enemies, Go to the Screen Data Menu, (Data -> Screen Data.) and the second from the top on the left, "Enemies->Item." Check it. You're done. The item will appear on the place marked by the blue square/rupee when all enemies are dead.

10) How do you have more than 1 item in one map?Perhaps you mean one item per screen? :p (Which I'm sure will be great news for you if you didn't mean per screen.) In 2.10, it's not possible unless you use some pretty damn fancy warping and duplicate screen tricks coupled with dungeon screen ordering. Don't bother. In the Alphas, with scripting, you can most likely place whatever item you want, wherever, whyever.

Drakzeel
10-13-2008, 04:10 PM
I have some more questions from my last question topic!

1) How do you make it so when you kill all monsters, the shutter opens in a dungeon?

Go into screen data, and check the "Monsters -> Secret" option! ^_^