PDA

View Full Version : World of Goo

Matteo
10-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Anyone else heard of this upcoming WiiWare title?

I completely flew under my radar until a few days ago, but now I am eagerly anticipating it's release.

Here's the IGN review:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/918/918954p2.html

vegeta1215
10-11-2008, 06:29 PM
I read about it a while back and watched a video for it last week. It looks pretty cool. I enjoy puzzle-type games every now and then, so I might have to try it out, esp if IGN is rating it so high. IGN's reviews are usually pretty accurate, at least they have been with games I've purchased.

I actually haven't bought any VC or Wii Ware games in a long time...I was considering the Strong Bad games cause I used to watch Homestarrunner cartoons a lot a few years ago. I haven't really kept up with what's been coming out though, cept maybe Mega Man 9, which has been plastered all over the net. I haven't bought MM9 but I'm considering it. Maybe after I get MM2 and if they release MM3 (my first and favorite MM game) I'll be in the mood for another.

Matteo
10-12-2008, 12:05 AM
I tried the demo on Xbox Live. (MM9)
The game is hard, really hard. I don't think I would purchase it anyway on the 360 due to the crappy digital pad, and I still haven't beaten MM4-8, so it seems like a waste.

But yeah, I doubt it can top MM2 and MM3; they are the best.

Yobumcha
10-15-2008, 02:17 AM
Yeah I didn't think much of it until this morning when I read IGN's review. Most people are finding it really fun and addictive. I may have to try it sometime.

Saffith
10-15-2008, 01:38 PM
You can try the prototype for free: http://www.experimentalgameplay.com/game.php?g=1
Nowhere near as good as the full game, but it'll give you an idea what it's like.

Pryme8
10-15-2008, 06:02 PM
wow these seems like a pretty cool game

Dechipher
10-15-2008, 09:49 PM
wow these seems like a pretty cool game

Yes, these does.

Linkus
10-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Just to let you know, World of Goo is on Steam now, for $19.99. There's also a demo as well, which only lets you access level 1 and the sandbox level.

...and yes, even the demo is VERY addicting, but the price is a little high for me, given the length of the game and replay value. I'll just stick with the demo until the price drops.

Yobumcha
10-24-2008, 10:03 PM
I just bought the game and I'm pretty pleased with my purchase. I recommend it to everyone..even though I still prefer Mega Man 9.

I'm on the last level of the first chapter and I can't quite figure it out. I got out of the person but I had to shut it off for some reason..Now I can't get back up there.

AtmaWeapon
10-25-2008, 01:26 PM
World of Goo's pretty fun. Some of the Chapter 2 levels are kind of annoying in that they require you do do things a certain way, but mostly it's a calming, therapeutic gaming experience. $19.99 is a little high; stick with it on the Wii for $15.

vegeta1215
02-01-2009, 01:16 PM
I purchased this via the Wii shop channel two weeks ago, and I totally agree with all the "Game of the Year 2008" proclamations. It is a really fun and addicting game. I finished the game in about 5-6 hours, but I've been working on getting OCD on as many levels as I can, and am up to 12 hours. I really hope they make a sequel!

I highly recommend any Wii owners to buy it if they haven't already.

Revfan9
02-01-2009, 09:26 PM
...Maybe it's just because I read/write too much science fiction, but whenever I see "World" and "Goo" used anywhere near each other, I habitually start scrambling to perfect my diamond nanoshield...

firebug
02-02-2009, 10:09 PM
I bought it about a week ago. Phenomenal game! I love the simple yet challenging gameplay. It reminds me of some of the old-school puzzle games. :D