PDA

View Full Version : I am new to ZC...

PompeyLegend08
10-11-2008, 06:14 AM
I have LOADS of questions...

1) How do you make a locked or unlocked chest? (I have looked at tutorials, but I really dont understand! It tells you to make combos or something!?!?).

2) How do you get new Links, area's, interfaces and whatever? I have seen Minish Cap areas, Links and really fancy interfaces. If its a download, how do I apply the things to ZQuest?

3) How do I set a certain Midi to a certain room? I apply a Midi, but it applys to the whole map! I want a boss room, for example, to have a scary theme!

4) How do I have a person saying lots of text? I can only fir three lines, but I have played someone elses and they had someone say three lines, then press A and say another three lines.

5) How do I add new weapons, characters (Like the old man and merchant ect.)

So they are my questions. PLEASE HELP! :)

The_Amaster
10-11-2008, 10:06 AM
No, were not going to help. We'll just leave you to rot with your questions. [/sarcasm]

Heh, sorry, anyway...
Actually, most of that stuff requires a beta. Check out shardstorm.com if you haven't already.

-In a beta, use a chest combo, and set an armos->item flag on it.

-Link's tiles can be set under graphics->sprites, and overall graphic packs can be found at puezc.com

-In a beta, under screen settings, there's a "screen-specific midi" option.

-Under each string (of text), theres a "next" option. Select the string you want to be next in sequence, and ZC will link them.

-Mostly using the subscreen editor and FFCs in a beta. More info upon request.