PDA

View Full Version : new training regiment..

Pryme8
10-09-2008, 02:48 PM
I start my first classes of Muay Thai tonight, and then tomorrow intensive Brazilian Jujitsu...

I recently started classes with Lloyd Irvin’s Mixed Martial Arts Academy and Lloyd himself has started a training regiment for me to be put into the fast track to get into MMA competitions... I think its gonna be fun, I get to get into a cage with some other guy and beat the shit out of him legally, sounds like a fun way to get my anger out...

anyone actually fight here?

Archibaldo
10-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Isn't a Muay Thai some kind of drink?

Shazza Dani
10-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Isn't a Muay Thai some kind of drink?

That's Mai Tai.

AtmaWeapon
10-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Isn't martial arts about learning to gain control of one's body and the discipline to control yourself in a respectable manner? There's a lot of Eastern religion parallels in it. I'm thinking if your goal is to take your anger out of dudes you aren't doing it right.

MasterSwordUltima
10-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Isn't martial arts about learning to gain control of one's body and the discipline to control yourself in a respectable manner? There's a lot of Eastern religion parallels in it. I'm thinking if your goal is to take your anger out of dudes you aren't doing it right.

I too was under the assumption that being humble about it was very important. Its wrestling anymore. Which is lame. Nobody wants to watch (let alone be apart) of dudes wearing camo tights humping each other into submission.

Modus Ponens
10-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Its wrestling anymore.

It's interesting to see someone use the positive anymore (http://positiveanymore.blogspot.com/2005/11/positive-anymore-what-heck-does-that.html).

Pryme8
10-09-2008, 09:56 PM
I guess you didn't get what I was talking about... I said im starting a mixed martial arts training regiment... which yes you need to have control, but no its all about fucking someone up...

and no its not Mai Tai its Muay Thai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muay_Thai)

watch Ong-Bak

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ong-Bak:_Muay_Thai_Warrior

Im training to get hopefully into a Amateur Cage match league and maybe in a few years UFC

Din
10-09-2008, 11:13 PM
I don't fight, and hopefully won't have to. I don't like fighting just for the heck of it. Yes, I've taken endless martial arts, but I just use them for self defense. If you get into an amateur cage fight, make sure you be careful. There are some out there who rank themselves as "amateurs" who are really tough. Bottom line, be really careful, Pryme.

The Desperado
10-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Nobody wants to watch (let alone be apart) of dudes wearing camo tights humping each other into submission.

Speak for yourself. :D

Pryme8
10-09-2008, 11:59 PM
^_^ thanks for your concern!

don't mean to boast... but I'm fairly dangerous myself...

Ill just be happy if it is a good fight!

aces2022
10-11-2008, 12:02 AM
I have a grey belt in MCMAP, soon going to get green. If your thinking that your going to be in UFC in "a couple of years" your crazy. That chain of competition has become so long, you would have to fight a couple of years just to get anywhere near making money or recognition. You would probably have a better chance with Elite XC, IFL, or Pride fighting but even they have better competition than UFC sometimes.

Pryme8
10-11-2008, 01:33 PM
well im training under Lloyd Irving, and we have Rhadi Ferguson (Olympian) Mike Easton, Brandon Vera (UFC)... all train with master Lloyd...

http://www.lloydirvin.com/

its a great program

Zaphod Q. IX
10-14-2008, 12:23 AM
I start my first classes of Muay Thai tonight, and then tomorrow intensive Brazilian Jujitsu...
I would suggest climbing one mountain at a time, Grasshopper.

I recently started classes with Lloyd Irvin’s Mixed Martial Arts Academy and Lloyd himself has started a training regiment for me to be put into the fast track to get into MMA competitions...
Were you given any sort of contract, or did you trust a Muay Thai/MMA "champ" with a Wikipedia entry of less than half of a page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_Irvin) with your money? My landlord has a longer Wikipedia entry than this clown.

I think its gonna be fun, I get to get into a cage with some other guy and beat the shit out of him legally, sounds like a fun way to get my anger out...
Sounds like a good way for you to lose some teeth.

...if your goal is to take your anger out of dudes you aren't doing it right.
QFT

...If your thinking that your going to be in UFC in "a couple of years" you're kidding yourself.
FIXED

My two-year old could probably kick your ass. He at least occasionally gets in fights. Tell you what...any time you feel like testing you "skills"...you contact me...I'll arrange a "cage" match between the two of us. I guarantee you'll be counting your teeth afterwords.

BTW...

I believe the word you were looking for is...
regimen (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/regimen)
NOT
regiment (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/regiment)

One is a physical fitness routine, the other is a military staffing unit. Buy a dictionary, please.

Have a nice day. ;)

MottZilla
10-14-2008, 12:37 AM

No, fuck that. I prefer to send lead projectiles traveling at super sonic speeds at those that fuck with me. Last I checked bullets > martial arts.

Pryme8
10-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Have a nice day. ;)

First off you don't know me or my background... so instead of being a internet bad ass to feed your ego, go beat your two year old kid and make yourself feel more like a man... cause you are not getting no respect from me.

have a nice day... I figured you might need this if you ever really meet me in real life, and talked all that good bullshit.
http://trendytots.typepad.com/trendytots/images/2008/03/25/il_430xn22481651.jpg

Zaphod Q. IX
10-14-2008, 02:34 PM
First off you don't know me or my background... so instead of being a internet bad ass to feed your ego, go beat your two year old kid and make yourself feel more like a man... cause you are not getting no respect from me.
have a nice day... I figured you might need this if you ever really meet me in real life, and talked all that good bullshit.

lol
You're funny.

Beldaran
10-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Something tells me that if Zaphod and Primate (or however he spells it) got into a fight, it would last about 4 seconds and end with primate having an operation to extract his nose cartilage from the back of his skull.

rock_nog
10-14-2008, 03:15 PM
No, fuck that. I prefer to send lead projectiles traveling at super sonic speeds at those that fuck with me. Last I checked bullets > martial arts.
I second that - I'm generally against violence, but I think bullets get the point across a lot quicker than fists.

Pryme8
10-14-2008, 06:17 PM
bullets are for bitch's who are too afraid...

don't get me wrong i go shooting guns all the time, but I am a believe in preservation of life and if I cant explain my view point, then forget them... I pay them no attention they are just anouther person who I would walk by and spit at, just anouther useless face in the crowd.

I also have the mentality I don't care who you are how big you are what you do, you get aggressive and want to get physical, im not the one going to the hospital.

I don't care if y'all believe me or not, like i said you don't know me nor will you ever... But i do work out hard everyday and train on a regular basis, so in the hypothetical situation I did meet one of you internet bad asses in real life, you would probably like me, or you wouldn't wanna start nothing with me.

and if i did lose... it would be in your best interests to disappear...

BUT back to the topic, training is going well... im down to 182 now Ive still got a little bit of weight I want to cut, try to get down to like 5.5% body fat...

Getting to learn lots of stuff, Brazilian Jujitsu is lots of fun, I wrestled since I was three till I was 19 so I can build off of a lot of the same skills I learned growing up, its not that hard to adapt... Just a little different thought process thinking its ok to lay on your back.

anyone doing any sort of martial arts? done it in the past?

aces2022
10-17-2008, 04:34 AM
[QUOTE=Pryme8;1195937]bullets are for bitch's who are too afraid...

QUOTE]

Your telling me! It's not my fault that the world powers don't actually fight their own wars anymore. We just have to be better snipers. If it was up to me ....IT WOULD BE SPARTA!!!!!!