PDA

View Full Version : Job interview

moocow
10-06-2008, 06:16 AM
I have a job interview in less than two hours.

I'm NEEEEERVOUS

It's a 50 cent paycut at first (assuming I get the job), and it's a lot further of a drive. But, I get a raise after 30 days (at least a dollar) and I get insurance, plus they regularly give raises and I'll still get all my holidays off and what-not.

I can't stand to be at my job any longer. I've been sexually harassed, harassed about my weight; what I wear, what I do, about what color I dye my hair. Haven't had a raise in the 3 1/2 years I've been there, no benefits other than paid holidays and two weeks paid vacation. I have to talk to ignorant customers, I'm constantly asked to do ridiculous, mundane shit for our lazy fucking salesman and once, the owner threatened to fire me because I couldn't tell him where the hazard light switch was on the 2008 Cadillac he was driving (I told him it's usually on the dash or on the steering column - this was somehow my fault).

The owner is an old, retarded man. His sons are all fucking rude and CRAZY. One of the sons recently brought an AK 47 INTO THE DEALERSHIP, after he was recently kicked out of the house and served divorce papers, obviously very unstable, and started to load the magazine. Then when confronted about the issue later, HE DIDN'T EVEN REMEMBER BEING THERE.

I cannot work under those conditions any longer.

That is all, wish me luck :)

Lilith
10-06-2008, 10:13 AM
---

Pryme8
10-06-2008, 10:41 AM
wow... ak's int he hands of the insane would make me dip too! good luck

The Desperado
10-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Speaking of sexual harrassment, I have an opening for a sex slave if you're interested.

Just kidding hon. Fuck those bastards. I hope you get this new job.

Trevelyan_06
10-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Good luck Moo. Remember most business' have an "underwear goes under the clothing" policy. Just a little tip that might help.

rock_nog
10-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Good luck Moo. Remember most business' have an "underwear goes under the clothing" policy. Just a little tip that might help.
Just one more reason to go into the superhero business.

Masamune
10-06-2008, 01:43 PM
That sounds absolutely insane. I would say the loss of 50 cents an hour is worth the loss of all that shit. Good luck with the new job.

Prrkitty
10-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Good luck sweetheart. This is your day to shine... so shine on babe!!!! :)

Modus Ponens
10-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Just kidding hon.

You're not kidding and you know it.

So, surely you've had the interview by now. How did it go? *crosses fingers*

moocow
10-06-2008, 05:21 PM
I got the job!!!!

Well, assuming I passed my drug test which I know I did because I'm a good kid :)

And, I actually got a job that gives me a 50 cent pay raise rather than cut! So I'll be making MORE money!

I start Monday :) I'll be testing the motherboards that go into the computers for spud missiles :)

Everyone at my present job is begging me to stay... lol

Prrkitty
10-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I got the job!!!!

Well, assuming I passed my drug test which I know I did because I'm a good kid :)

And, I actually got a job that gives me a 50 cent pay raise rather than cut! So I'll be making MORE money!

I start Monday :) I'll be testing the motherboards that go into the computers for spud missiles :)

WOOOHOOO!!!! Congrats hon...

Just make sure you don't make the spud a dud :)

erm2003
10-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Awesome news! Glad to see that you are leaving all the insanity behind! Congrats on the new job!

Trevelyan_06
10-06-2008, 08:26 PM
I got the job!!!!

Congratulations. They probably told you .50 less than you were making to make sure you were serious about the job, very awesome that you'll be making more. Also I have to ask what spud missles are? Was that a typo or am I missing some joke here?

moocow
10-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Lmao, typo.

Anyhow, after researching more (I haven't talked to my uncle much, got most of my info from mom), but I'm assuming it's not for scud missiles. They are, however, detonators for SOMETHING. I'll find out for sure on Monday lol.

Modus Ponens
10-06-2008, 09:45 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/1/10/Winrar_is_you.png

Congratulation!

Glitch
10-06-2008, 09:53 PM
I got the job!!!!

GRATZ MOO!!

Aegix Drakan
10-07-2008, 09:34 AM
:o Gratz Moo! Goopd to hear you got out of that terrible job. ...Sheesh...I thought my mom had it bad... Her work is full of idiots too, but none as insane as that!

:evil: Walk away laughing diabolically.

Lilith
10-07-2008, 11:09 AM
---

Pryme8
10-07-2008, 11:21 AM
now its your turn to run up with an ak, and tell them you don't remember...

moocow
10-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Okay, so my orientation went well today. I was supposed to start work right after, but it turns out that someone had dropped something in one of the machines so they had the whole line shut down and it would be for two hours so they went ahead and sent us home. I start for real at 6:30 tomorrow morning. :)

Brasel
10-13-2008, 04:00 PM
:) Good deal. Sounds like everything is working out for the better. I'm glad. Things are really looking up for you Moo. :)

aces2022
10-14-2008, 02:38 AM
HAHA great way to start a first day. Better luck tomorrow. At least you know that gravity is still on your side.

moocow
10-14-2008, 04:43 AM
I have never seen 4:30 am... sober... haha

Prrkitty
10-14-2008, 02:00 PM
I hope it goes well for you hon... (hug)
love you ...

aces2022
10-17-2008, 04:37 AM
It's depressing to be up before the sun is.