PDA

View Full Version : What is the most complicated boss (in your opinion)?

Din
10-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Take your choice. Which would you least like to face in a ZC quest?

1. Aquamentus: I honestly can't see a reason why this one is complicated, but with heavy combinations can be quite deadly.

2. Dodongo: This dungeon dwelling creature is also easy to beat. Although honestly, it should consider getting a less "explosive" diet.

3. Manhandla 2: Why didn't I put Manhandla 1? Well, who would choose 1 over 2? More to the point, this flower has 8 hands, 1 center, and infinite evil.

4. Gleeok 2 (Four Heads): This Gleeok loves to have its food cooked. It is a "Linketarian."

5. Gohma 4: This evil beast breathes infinite flame at its foe, and combined with a ridiculous amount of HP, makes a deadly combination.

6. Digdogger (3 kids): The smaller ones are very fast, and just add statues that shoot fireballs, it can be a very pesky battle.

7. Patra 3: This Patra has very irraticate spin patterns, just enough to make you angry.

8. Patra (Oval): You can't wait for a circle to extend here. Can be quite a rough batte if you aren't prepared.

9. Ganon: He's freaking invisible. Enough said.

ShadowTiger
10-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Take your choice. Which would you least like to face in a ZC quest?Scripting. ... OH, it's about monsters. Haha, lets go.

1. Aquamentus: I honestly can't see a reason why this one is complicated, but with heavy combinations can be quite deadly.I can agree; it's only even remotely challenging if you don't have a good magic shield. Even one on both ends of the room is relatively easy.

2. Dodongo: This dungeon dwelling creature is also easy to beat. Although honestly, it should consider getting a less "explosive" diet.They were practically trivial (I.e. more like an abstract chore...) before they cruelly fixed the bug where if you bombed its chin or its forehead, it'd die and drop four bombs every single time.

3. Manhandla 2: Why didn't I put Manhandla 1? Well, who would choose 1 over 2? More to the point, this flower has 8 hands, 1 center, and infinite evil.Naturally. One bomb can still do both in quite easily, if you do it perfectly. It's just a hell of a lot nastier to face off against its meaner, crueler cousin.

4. Gleeok 2 (Four Heads): This Gleeok loves to have its food cooked. It is a "Linketarian."Yeah, to this day, I have yet to defeat one in an honest way. The closest I've ever tried was using the mirror shield and standing right in front of it, and ... ... no, even that didn't work. :-/

5. Gohma 4: This evil beast breathes infinite flame at its foe, and combined with a ridiculous amount of HP, makes a deadly combination.Only a tad easier than Gleeok 2, since you don't have to be adjacent to it to kill it.

6. Digdogger (3 kids): The smaller ones are very fast, and just add statues that shoot fireballs, it can be a very pesky battle.Never had a problem with these. Blow the whistle, and immediately open the subscreen to select the boomerang. Stun, slash, slash, repeat until dead.

7. Patra 3: This Patra has very irraticate spin patterns, just enough to make you angry.Agreed; The latter half of the Patra Family is just irritating. Patra 4 of course is far, far worse.

8. Patra (Oval): You can't wait for a circle to extend here. Can be quite a rough batte if you aren't prepared.What? Really? I always prefer the Patra (Oval) to the Patra (Big Circle) every time. Why? Because the Patra (Oval) has an extremely, extremely predictable attack pattern. You just stand a bit to the left or right of the circle and keep slashing. You'd have to be either a simpleton, or heavily trapped to lose to such a battle.

9. Ganon: He's freaking invisible. Enough said.lol no arguments here.

Death Knights are a tad ridiculous. Octoroks on Crack are far more manageable, but still quite the epic threat.

Din
10-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Death Knights, good idea! Now those are tough enemies. I may also have an enemy poll in the future, but with only the toughest of the enemies. This is for a little... well... surprise coming in December. Anyway, rest assured, I'll have an enemy poll sometime, though I may not include Death Knights in there. Pretty much everyone would choose that option. The surprise? All I can say is to hone your ZC playing skills.

The_Amaster
10-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Definitely Manhandla 2. Everything else at least has a pattern. Because it's completely random, I have so much trouble developing a stratagy.

XMuppetSB
10-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Take your choice. Which would you least like to face in a ZC quest?

Personally, I would say #7, the L3 Patra.

1. Aquamentus: I honestly can't see a reason why this one is complicated, but with heavy combinations can be quite deadly.

I agree. The Aquamentus is vulnerable to some projectile weapons.

2. Dodongo: This dungeon dwelling creature is also easy to beat. Although honestly, it should consider getting a less "explosive" diet.

Another way to kill this boss is by stunning it with a bomb blast, or the quake hammer (2.5 only), then stabbing it with the sword while it's stunned. Plus, it drops bombs if you do so. It's a bug in the NES Game by the way. I seriously think there should be an NES Fix rule that makes stunned Dodongos invulnerable to the sword, just to make it a little harder.

3. Manhandla 2: Why didn't I put Manhandla 1? Well, who would choose 1 over 2? More to the point, this flower has 8 hands, 1 center, and infinite evil.

It's not all that bad if you have at least the Magic Sword, or bombs (Normal or Super will do). Besides, like Aquamentus, Manhandla can be damaged by some projectile weapons.

4. Gleeok 2 (Four Heads): This Gleeok loves to have its food cooked. It is a "Linketarian."

Yeah, even the 1 headed Fire Gleeok is quite troublesome if you don't have the Mirror Shield!

5. Gohma 4: This evil beast breathes infinite flame at its foe, and combined with a ridiculous amount of HP, makes a deadly combination.

Not really that bad once you have both the Mirror Shield and the Golden Arrow (no other arrows will hurt it).

6. Digdogger (3 kids): The smaller ones are very fast, and just add statues that shoot fireballs, it can be a very pesky battle.

Well, either way, the best way to beat them is with a combination of the Boomerang and the Sword.

7. Patra 3: This Patra has very irraticate spin patterns, just enough to make you angry.

I can see why this Patra is infamous, because the inner eyes shoot fireballs, and it takes a long time to get rid of the eyes, and the leader. It's just like Patra 2, but with Patra 2, the leader shoots fireballs!

8. Patra (Oval): You can't wait for a circle to extend here. Can be quite a rough batte if you aren't prepared.

Personally, I have way more trouble with the Big Circle Patra than I do with the Oval Patra!

9. Ganon: He's freaking invisible. Enough said.

I know, but it's easier to beat him with the Master Sword than it is to beat him with the Magic Sword! Plus, once he's stunned, it should be obviously easy to shoot him with a Silver or Golden Arrow!

Din
10-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Yeah, that's usually how I kill a Dodongo. The only thing I don't like about that method, is if I'm hit by a bubble when trying to gain some bombs from him! Also, the Gleeok 2 is the bane of my existance (I'll never forget that dark day in DemoEX when I met my first one).

DarkDragon
10-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Gleeok 2. I can't even beat a Gleeok 1 without a lot of potions.

ShadowTiger
10-05-2008, 09:42 PM
The "U" pattern works wonders against a Gleeok 1 of nearly any denomination. In one of those old 1.90 quests, I was once tasked against a 40-headed Gleeok. It took about thirty tries to get it with three hearts and wooden sword.

But damnit, I earned that white sword.

Din
10-05-2008, 10:07 PM
A Gleeok with 40 heads and only the wooden sword and 3 hearts? That sounds pretty hard alright. In terms of the poll, it's a close race between the Patra 3 and Gleeok 2. Wonder who'll win as the toughest boss...

XMuppetSB
10-05-2008, 10:29 PM
The "U" pattern works wonders against a Gleeok 1 of nearly any denomination. In one of those old 1.90 quests, I was once tasked against a 40-headed Gleeok. It took about thirty tries to get it with three hearts and wooden sword.

But damnit, I earned that white sword.

A Gleeok with 40 heads and only the wooden sword and 3 hearts?

Actually, in versions that came before the enemy editor even existed, that wasn't 1 Gleeok with 40 heads, it was 10 Gleeoks with 4 heads each. I can tell, because I first realized this when I was playing Pure Quest By Mr. Z. I saw what looked like a Gleeok with 10 heads, but because I saw more than one fireball being fired at the same time and the detached heads disappearing, I found out it was actually a combination of all 4 Normal Gleeok enemies. A Gleeok with more than 4 heads wasn't even possible until the enemy editor was first introduced.:rolleyes:

Din
10-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Wow, no wonder that Fire Gleeok boss in Trinity Worlds had 40 heads when I was playing a 2.10 quest. Thought that was a little suspicious, I'm on to you Animus. :glare:

_L_
10-06-2008, 03:58 AM
Gleeok 2. I can't even beat a Gleeok 1 without a lot of potions.

Fake, made-up bogus hints:
* Use the Hookshot to grab a head and pull it toward you.
* If you play the Whistle, one of its heads might fall asleep for awhile.
* Try smashing a flying head with the Hammer.
* Stand close to it and jump over its fire with the Feather. If you have the Hover Boots, you should hover long enough to dodge the full blast.
* Hey, the Whimsical Ring works on it, you know.

ShadowTiger
10-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Stand close to it and jump over its fire with the Feather. If you have the Hover Boots, you should hover long enough to dodge the full blast.And if you drop down while using the hammer, you get bonus points.

These could probably be scripted or something.

Din
10-06-2008, 11:06 AM
If you use the hookshot with the sword, you have an opportunity to tame Gleeok and make it your pet. :D

Think about it, "Take your Gleeok to work day" would be much more entertaining for you!

Russ
10-06-2008, 11:18 AM
I have to say, Aqquments is the hardest for me. I don't know why, but I just can't get the hang of it. Manhadla 2 comes next, and if there are more than three Patras together, they're hard. All other LoZ bosses (except maybe the flamethrower Gleeok) are simple and easy.

Edit: Post 2,800!

Pineconn
10-06-2008, 04:17 PM
I have to say, Aqquments is the hardest for me.

You're kidding, right? I understand neither the fact that you think the Aquamentus is the most difficult boss, nor the fact that you totally butchered the spelling.

Russ
10-06-2008, 08:04 PM
You're kidding, right? I understand neither the fact that you think the Aquamentus is the most difficult boss, nor the fact that you totally butchered the spelling.
I don't know why, I just can't beat him very well. It's those dang fireballs. In my EoT remake, did you ever wonder why he got a special position as "king" of that region of Hyrule? It's because he's so hard to beat!

Din
10-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Wasn't that Aquamentus given more superior stats, however? This is just for the plain old Aquamentus, which just takes 6 hits to beat.

Off-topic, but how is the End of Time remake going since betatesting was done while major changes went underway? Is it going well?

Russ
10-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Off-topic, but how is the End of Time remake going since betatesting was done while major changes went underway? Is it going well?
I gave up on mine, but now I'm doing custom bosses for Pineconn's. I might resume mine, but it's unlikely. Very unlikely.

Din
10-07-2008, 01:04 AM
Darn, that quest was pretty fun to beta test.

Now then, the Gleeok 2 is dominating so far! There is a common little trick to Gleeok, however. The body is always harmless. As long as you don't touch the neck segments or head, you can pull a "Round Robin" to dominate any Gleeok, (unless the path's blocked, of course).