PDA

View Full Version : Duke 3D XBLA

Warlock
09-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Just curious if anyone picked this up. I've been playing it and having a blast - it's been ages since I played this game :)

My only complaint is I'm surprised they didn't HD-ify the graphics (like Doom XBLA). They are still the same pixelated sprites from 1996 :( This is ok from a nostalgia point of view, but still, it would have been nice.

Flash Man
09-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Once I either fix my Xbox360 or buy a new one I will be all over it. I debated getting Doom, but I decided against it. I do not think that I would object to Duke3d though.

Warlock
09-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Ok, was there an expansion set to the original game? After I beat the last boss there was a whole new set of missions I've never seen before. So nifty I guess!

The first one was sort of a Mission Impossible spy facility type thing (the BG music was even a parody of the MI music). I think the best part is the end where you end up going through like 5 different types of doors, when take you to a telephone that says "U.N.C.L.E." on it and that's the elevator to the exit.. hahaa. There was also a tape recorder that if you click it, it says "This message will self destruct in 1 second" and blows up. :D

Mr. 207
09-28-2008, 06:56 PM
I bought it the day it came out and have been playing it quite a bit. Its fun to actually be able to have Dukematches online. Back when Duke was originally out in 96, only multiplayer I could do was LAN with usually just me and my bro once in a while my friend would be over to play too.

I've got to say 8 person Dukematch on Hollywood Holocaust is a chaotic blast. I missed this game.

Darth Marsden
09-29-2008, 05:27 AM
You're going through the fourth episode that was included in the Atomic pack. From Wikipedia:

Plutonium PAK/Atomic Edition: The Atomic Edition of Duke Nukem 3D was released in November 1996, and contained the original 3 episode game as well as a new eleven-level fourth episode. The Plutonium PAK was also released as an upgrade package to convert the original release of Duke Nukem 3D (v1.3d) to the new Atomic Edition (v1.4, later patched to v1.5). It introduces three enemies: the Protector Drone, the Pig Cop Tank, and a new boss known as The Alien Queen. It also includes a new weapon, the Microwave Expander, complete with its own ammo.