PDA

View Full Version : School Breaks

Sproutgiant
09-25-2008, 10:36 AM
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SnackBreak

Pryme8
09-25-2008, 12:36 PM
we never got any such snack break when I went to high school... you had 5 mins between classes and my school was so big it took about 8 mins to walk at a normal pace across it... you were screwed if your locker was on one side as the class you had to go to...

We were not aloud to eat in class, and most teachers only let you go to the restroom like once a semester...

y'all are a bunch of pansy's... go to school learn something, it don't matter if you 100% comfortable, that is not your house!
http://www.anchorbay.misd.net/schools/highschool/images/building.jpg
I guarantee my school was bigger... so a 15 min break is ludicrous!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchor_Bay_High_School

"The relocated school, now on County Line Road, opened August 26, 2003. When opened it was the largest high school in Michigan,[2] now second behind Saline High School located in Saline, Michigan. and the fourth largest in the nation at over 486,000 sq.ft. Recent additions to the school have made it even larger."

Archibaldo
09-25-2008, 01:45 PM
We had 4 periods a day. A 15 min break in between 1 and 2, and hour and fifteen minutes between 2 and 3 and 10 min in between 3 and 4. And each period was 75 minutes long.

rock_nog
09-25-2008, 02:48 PM
We never had snack breaks or anything, but really, that's not a bad idea. From a psychological perspective, getting a break like that can help one stay focused and do better in school.

erm2003
09-25-2008, 04:36 PM
We had 4 periods a day. A 15 min break in between 1 and 2, and hour and fifteen minutes between 2 and 3 and 10 min in between 3 and 4. And each period was 75 minutes long.

Are you serious? My school has 4 blocks that are 83 minutes long. You get only 6 minutes between each class and somewhere during the 3rd block you get 30 minutes for lunch. That's it.

The_Amaster
09-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Yeah, my school's just like Erm's. We don't get no fancy "snack breaks" or anything.

Pineconn
09-25-2008, 05:11 PM
I have seven periods, each of which is about 45 minutes long with 5 minutes in between. Fifth period is and hour and a half long and is split into A, B, and C. A third of the school eats during A lunch (and has class for B and C), a third eats B (and has class A and C), and a third eats C (and has class A and B).

Sorta weird.

The_Amaster
09-25-2008, 05:22 PM
To expand on my above statement, we have 1st, 2nd, and 4th periods for an hour and a half, a twenty minute advisory/homeroom between 1st and 2nd, a two hour 3rd period divided into A, B, C, and D for half hour lunches, and 7 minutes between periods.

aces2022
09-26-2008, 02:13 AM
I have seven periods, each of which is about 45 minutes long with 5 minutes in between. Fifth period is and hour and a half long and is split into A, B, and C. A third of the school eats during A lunch (and has class for B and C), a third eats B (and has class A and C), and a third eats C (and has class A and B).

Sorta weird.

That's the way mine is. The world is getting too soft. Our parents complained from all the breaks that what we got. Now its our turn HA.

SUCCESSOR
09-26-2008, 08:08 PM
My school scedule was like 4 blocks 90 minutes each 15 minutes between each and an hour lunch. I also went to a school with 8 blocks with something like alternating five and ten minute breaks between classes. OR so I believe... I may have been in high school for 4 "years" but I spent little time and attention there.

And if a teacher ever told me I couldn't go to the bathroom I would tell them to fuck off and go anyway.

Flash Man
09-26-2008, 10:00 PM
I may have been in high school for 4 "years" but I spent little time and attention there.

You have paid much more attention that I have. The only thing that I think I remember is that I had eight blocks that were split among two days. It was only three years ago that I graduated too.

I do not remember having any issues getting between classes, but I do remember never having to use my locker.

Matteo
09-27-2008, 12:14 AM
We had like 21 minutes for lunch.

God forbid you had to buy lunch and wait in line, forget about being able to finish it.

You young-uns are WEAK ;)

aces2022
09-27-2008, 03:42 AM
During lunch I had 45 mins. After chow I had time to usually play at least a game of Magic the Gathering. 21 mins.... that would suck.

The_Amaster
09-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Well, we only get seven minutes between periods...except at lunch. There we get ten, so although you only have twenty minutes of actual time, if you add on the ten at either end, you actually have about forty, minus actual walking time of course. You just have to be careful, and know how long it takes you to get back to your class.

Pryme8
09-27-2008, 12:58 PM
forget it anyways, its high school... do what they say the people in charge are a bunch of losers from the 70's who had every freedom they wanted while in high school so they want to make sure you dont.

Pineconn
09-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Does everyone call your class slots "blocks"? We call them "periods" (I guess mostly because our schedules are the exact same every day, if that isn't the norm).

erm2003
09-27-2008, 01:16 PM
We run a block schedule which means 83 minute classes which meet every other day. So yeah, we use block as the main word for our class schedule.

aces2022
09-27-2008, 10:12 PM
.'s

The_Amaster
09-27-2008, 11:05 PM
We have block sheduleing as well, but instead of every other day all year, your classes meet every day for a semester, switch out, and four different classes meet for the rest of the year. (Except for music, english, and occasionaly social studies, which alternate all year)

AtmaWeapon
09-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Man I feel for you. We had 3 minute breaks, with a 7-minute break after lunch. I sure do feel like crying a river over you losing a 15-minute break especially since I have no idea who you are and I had to click a link to even figure out what this post was about. :mad:

Deal with it for 4 years, then be glad you're done with it. Before you know it, you'll be remembering the days when you had no bills with nostalgia.

erm2003
09-27-2008, 11:56 PM
Before you know it, you'll be remembering the days when you had no bills with nostalgia.

QFT. Not having money sucks.

MasterSwordUltima
09-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Wow, you guys definitely are spoiled. I had 3 minutes to get from class to class. My school wasn't terrible big, but it was overcrowded by some extra 2000-4000 students. [each year the number would go up, absolutely ridiculous]

My school had 8 periods a day. They were 45 minutes long, or 43 or whatever "exact" number. Lunch was 25 minutes long. I also never once used my locker. I also literally walked 2.5 miles home from 8th grade - 10th grade, so seriously get over it. The more shit you deal with in high school the better prepared you are for living as an adult.