PDA

View Full Version : An idea I posted over at PZC

King Aquamentus
09-25-2008, 12:48 AM
I got an idea about making a quest wherein level 9 is available from the beginning, and very easy to find. Walk inside a go a few rooms to find the wooden sword. But after this, the level is a bitch like it should be, and it's friggin LONG. So, rather than gather up triforce pieces, you venture around the overworld looking for dungeons with hearts and items, etc, basically just exploring all over until YOU think YOU are ready, not what the game thinks. This leaves a lot of ways to play it, some opting maybe to speed run it, some taking the time to find every single goody, etc.

Daputti
09-25-2008, 10:50 AM
I don't really know. When you think you are ready, you go deep there, only to find out you need a new item.

King Aquamentus
09-25-2008, 04:43 PM
You don't "Need" anything but a sword.

bobrocks95
09-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Okay, no actual items like the hookshot or anything needed. Sounds good. Slap on a storyline, some relatively nice graphics, cool music, it's a hit.

King Aquamentus
09-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Like I said, the whole idea of the quest is to progress through Level 9 at best pace you can determine. You could in theory go all the way to the end right after getting the wooden sword! The Silver Arrow is still inside this dungeon, so if Ganon shows up, it's right along the way. Those two items are the ONLY things you NEED to beat this. But you'll want more, of course.

Anthus
09-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Nice idea you have there. I'd play it. I'd suggest Radien's newest BS set. No one ever uses the BS set, and it is really a great set.

King Aquamentus
09-26-2008, 01:59 AM
I actually already started making it tonight. XD For concept, it's being done in LoZ tileset. I've never done anything in the REAL LoZ tileset either, so this could finally be that. In any case, I associate this tileset more with the idea of finding all these items, especially given the way that Zelda 1 advertised it's dungeon items in the intro, as if to say "Can you find them all?" Here, you're looking for those items, making incredible struggles just to feel the ease and fun of that Magic rod, so you can blast stuff with little worry about your heart level... Boomerangs, swords... it's all out there... it could be hiding in Caves, maybe someone has to give it to you...

Prepare yourself.

Daputti
09-26-2008, 06:31 AM
I suppose people would be interested? Because it has not much use for the new features other
than custom bosses and scripting... what if you make it a huge dungeon with "Level #" likes,
where you could beat the miniboss with the sword only and get a heart container,
that would make it a bit easier for the non-pro players.

Oh, and you should make a somewhat large uberworld.. sorry, overworld, since there's only one
dungeon, if you aren't ready, there should be tons of other stuff to do.

King Aquamentus
09-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Can you repeat that? I'm not quite sure I understand what you are saying. Otherwise, you're basically repeating what I'm already doing. :/

Daputti
09-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Can you repeat that? I'm not quite sure I understand what you are saying. Otherwise, you're basically repeating what I'm already doing. :/

Maybe I am. Well, I'll give you an example:
One big castle, which is the Level 9, and it has "Levels" 1-8 blended inside it, optional to go through for heart containers.

King Aquamentus
09-26-2008, 03:20 PM
I dunno, I think I'll keep the containers outside of the castle for this. But Level 9 is already a castle itself. I don't want people to have to make multiple trips to Level 9, like it was temple of the ocean king or something (cause that place sucked), Just one trip in for introductions, then Level 9 revisited.

Rydia
10-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Sounds like an interesting idea you have there. If you make it perfect to the T, then I think it'll be a great new age style quest.