PDA

View Full Version : Strange Deaths in my Family

The Desperado
09-24-2008, 01:41 AM
Sorry I havent been around for the past couple weeks. I've had a lot of shit going on. I've had 3 family members die in the past month and its been really hard. The weirdest thing is that they have all been really weird deaths.

I posted something about my cousin dying when it happened a few weeks ago. He died when his truck hit some power lines and make his truck catch on fire.

My stepsister died because of an infection from her back surgery. She had surgery and a week later she started to feel really bad. She went back to the hospital and they said that she was basically making it up. Then the infection went into her bloodstream and reached her brain. She was brain dead 12 hours afters arriving at the hospital and they never checked for anything.

The weirdest part about her death was when we found a letter she had left. She wrote that she had had a dream and that the dream said that the surgery would cause her death. She was so convinced that she was going to die that she went out and bought and outfit to be buried in. How fucked up is that? I'm sorry but i'm so convinced that a surgery is going to cause my death enough to go out and buy something to be buried in, then im not going to have the stupid surgery.

My uncle died this last Tuesday. He was working construction building an addition onto a working factory. So far there are two stories and we have yet to get a straight answer from the police, they are still investigating. The first story is that a machine in the factory malfunctioned and shot a saw blade across the room and beheaded my uncle.

The second story is that the saw he was working with literally fell apart when he turned it on and the blade shot out and beheaded him. Which is really fucked up because what kind of industrial saw falls apart when it is turned on.

What really tops this story off is that the night before the calling hours, my aunt got a phone call from a restricted number. The man on the other line said "I am the man that killed your husband and you are next". She hung up and then the guy would call and hang out after one ring. She picked up again after about 20 single rings and all she heard as the guy laughing. It sounds like something out of a horror movie.

We have people staying out with her every night for now cause she lives out in the country and is by herself now. I now there is a saying that death comes in threes, and that would definitly prove true in this instance, but i have this undenyable since of dread as if this whole thing is just starting.

There is no way that the 3 of these deaths are connected, but i somehow feel like they are and im just not seeing the connection. I could just be being paranoid because I tend to do that. But my god, what else could happen?

PS....I just found out my mom has cancer. My life officially sucks.

Modus Ponens
09-24-2008, 04:54 AM
I don't even know where to begin.

I guess the first thing to say is that I'm really sorry about your losses. That's an amazing amount of hardship to go through all at once. Be strong.

Secondly I want to say that you are absolutely right that these events are almost certainly not connected. Death does not actually "come in threes". It can be easy to see a superstition as the truth, especially in a tough situation like the one you're in, but you've got to trust yourself and see past that. Life can be incredibly strange (and cruel) sometimes, and that's all there is to it.

Finally, regarding your mother, it should be said that modern cancer treatment is incredibly advanced and effective. Both of my parents got cancer, only a few years apart, and they both are in perfect health now. My dad's was particularly nasty and life-threatening, but it still went away. That said, what kind of cancer does she have? Not everything is equally easy to treat.

Remember to focus on your life. Look down the metaphorical road ahead of you and look at the goals and challenges there. Redouble your vigor and remain positive-- even in the hardest of times.

Aegix Drakan
09-24-2008, 07:40 AM
Oh dear God. 0_o

That's an incredibly harsh ordeal to live through. My sympathies especially to your aunt, as that bit was pretty messed up. I hope that this doesn't get any worse for you.

And I have my fingers crossed for your mom. I hope to the skies that she recovers quickly.

...Man...WTF... 0_o How the hell did all this happen to you, and all in one month? Do you have some kind of negative karma, or what?

rock_nog
09-24-2008, 08:24 AM
My God, that's terrible. I'm so sorry. Seriously, hang in there, and best wishes for you and your family.

If you want to know my interpretation - well, it's just life. I mean, the second you begin to think that you've made some kind of sense out of the whole thing, life suddenly decides it needs to keep you on your toes and throws you a curveball just to illustrate the point that no, you haven't made sense of it, and likely none of us ever will. To mangle Socrates, "The one thing I know is that I know nothing - but in knowing that I know nothing, I know one more thing than everyone else I've met."

Lilith
09-24-2008, 09:45 AM
---

Prrkitty
09-24-2008, 12:26 PM
I wish there was more that I could do and say... but God Bless and hang in there.

Have your aunt see if the telephone company can trace that telephone call and make sure she reports it all to the police.

Russ
09-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Wow, just, wow. I'm very sorry that all of that has happened to you. I doubt that the deaths are connected, but I'd still be a little careful if I were you.

Pryme8
09-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Dude you get a phone call like that, your best bet is to call the police... something sounds very very weird about that.

Um I wish you the best of luck in your hard times, and the only thing I can say that may help is go to church or something? I don't believe in religion, but perhaps there you can find some sort of answers? Plus the priests will be more then happy to listen to you and give some sound advice!

(edit) things usually come in sets of three...

Din
09-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Wow, I'm really sorry. So many deaths, make sure that you keep strong, and look out for the rest of your family.

The_Amaster
09-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Man, thats just...horrible. Hang in there man, we're all rooting for your mom.

moocow
09-24-2008, 09:11 PM
I'm sorry and I love you.

erm2003
09-24-2008, 09:31 PM
I am sorry to hear about all this news man. I hope your mom comes out of this OK.

Glitch
09-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Holy fuck

ctrl-alt-delete
09-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Oh dear God. 0_o

That's an incredibly harsh ordeal to live through. My sympathies especially to your aunt, as that bit was pretty messed up. I hope that this doesn't get any worse for you.

And I have my fingers crossed for your mom. I hope to the skies that she recovers quickly.

...Man...WTF... 0_o How the hell did all this happen to you, and all in one month? Do you have some kind of negative karma, or what?

Do all of us a favor and be more sensitive in your posts.

To ask if he has negative karma is to question whether or not he deserves this.

Nobody EVER deserves anything like this.

I am truly sorry about your losses, Desp. You know that we are all here if you just need somebody to talk to.

Aegix Drakan
09-26-2008, 10:44 PM
>_< I'm terribly sorry. I didn't mean it like that at all.

The Desperado
09-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Thank you all for your support. I can't tell you all how much you guys mean to me. Even though we have arguments and sometimes cuss eachother out, its great to be part of a community like this because we will always have eachothers backs. I love all you guys.

Modus Ponens
09-26-2008, 11:37 PM
You're one of the good ones, Despy.