PDA

View Full Version : ZC with Wiimote!!

Daputti
09-24-2008, 01:27 AM
I've been trying to figure this out for some time now with GlovePIE and I can't
seem to get it working. My script should work well, but when I connect my Wii-
mote, it does nothing in Zelda Classic, but it can type "A" and "S" on WordPad
(A and S are my A and B in ZC) and my script looks like this. (edited scripts since 1st post)

// Zelda Classic with Wiimote
// Created by Daputti
// Check that the keys are the same as in ZC
// e.g. "Key.z" means that when you press "1", it presses Z
// on your computer's keyboard.

// Buttons
Down = Wiimote.Left
Up = Wiimote.Right
Right = Wiimote.Down
Left = Wiimote.Up
A = Wiimote.One
S = Wiimote.Two
Enter = Wiimote.Plus

// Leds
Wiimote.led1 = True;
Wiimote.led2 = False;
Wiimote.led3 = False;
Wiimote.led4 = False;

If anyone has any experience with GlovePIE, please help. It might have something
to do with ZC's reverse engineering though. Maybe it just won't work.

Russ
09-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Check out this topic at Pure ZC: http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37756

Daputti
09-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Checked it out... but I'm still wondering why my script isn't working, it's pretty much the same :P

MasterSwordUltima
09-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Did you change the keys in ZC itself? [wait, can you even do that? Its been so long...]

King Aquamentus
09-29-2008, 12:58 AM
This looks like something Billy Ronald wrote back at PureZC.

Daputti
09-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Of course. GlovePIE scripting language is very easy since it's mostly just key mapping,
and the scripts tend to look like the same. Billy's is just a bit longer though.

Valientlink
09-29-2008, 04:52 PM
I've heard of people use something called bluetooth, at least for emulators. I know that some joypads are compatible with ZC, but I really don't know how it works. Nice job ;)

MasterSwordUltima
09-29-2008, 07:56 PM
I've heard of people use something called bluetooth, at least for emulators. I know that some joypads are compatible with ZC, but I really don't know how it works. Nice job ;)

The Wii-mote uses bluetooth to connect to the Wii/PC. Of course it won't do anything on the PC unless you've got the right stuff. And GlovePIE just makes the wiimote act as a keyboard, right? You assign the buttons on the Wii-mote to different keys on the keyboard. So in theory, it should work.

Icey
09-29-2008, 09:01 PM
The Wii-mote uses bluetooth to connect to the Wii/PC. Of course it won't do anything on the PC unless you've got the right stuff. And GlovePIE just makes the wiimote act as a keyboard, right? You assign the buttons on the Wii-mote to different keys on the keyboard. So in theory, it should work.

It should work in theory, but what's the point? I dunno, I never enjoyed playing NES games with the wiimote, and to me it would seem like wasting batteries

Daputti
09-30-2008, 11:49 AM

True, and it works. You can also do it with a SIXAXIS/DualShock 3 but I think Sony's D-Pad's hate my fingers
since by one hour of play my thumb is all red and it hurts.

Well, both scripts work now. I suppose there was something wrong in some config. file.

Thus, ZC is far more enjoyable with the Wiimote, it's a controller. Keyboards kinda suck for gaming (minus computer-designed games).
And it's not a waste of batteries, everyone with a Wii should already have rechargeables...