PDA

View Full Version : Wario = Samus Aran

vegeta1215
09-23-2008, 09:43 PM
I picked up Wario Land: Shake It! for the Wii today. The team who made it must be Metroid fans because there is Spinesharking all over the place by way of the "Max Fastosity Dasherators", (I did not make this word up, it's in the instruction manual! lol) and each level ends with an escape sequence... and more Spinesharking.

Anyone else pick up Wario Land? Or anyone else thinking about checking it out? I've only gotten past the first world, and I really love the hand drawn characters and look of the game. Plus it's pretty fun too.

Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/experiencewii

The_Amaster
09-23-2008, 10:06 PM
...ehhh, unfortunatly it's competing with de Blob for my game budget right now. I'm probably going to decide in favor of blob, but in that case I'll rent Wario Land for sure.

Rijuhn
09-24-2008, 12:54 AM
That's a cool youtube video/effect, AWEoMSE!@

Modus Ponens
09-24-2008, 05:02 AM
I'm certainly going to get Wario Land soon. I tried it out at PAX and it was a blast.

Darth Marsden
09-24-2008, 06:39 AM
It's attracting my interest, but I've fallen out of favour with my Wii at the moment due to there being no decent games released for it in months (SSBB not included). This does look pretty good though.

Pryme8
09-24-2008, 11:54 AM
wow that was an awesome youtube/flash effect!

ShadowTiger
09-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Oh, no wonder it messed up my Wii's internet channel. :p It doesn't show the URL, so..

But that does look like quite a bit of fun, really. Yes. I'll consider getting it eventually. Love those kinds of games.

Cloral
12-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Sorry for the gravedigging, but I picked this up during Amazon's black friday special ($30) and am now playing through it over break. I have to say, it turned out to be much better than I expected. I love the way the levels are laid out and the new interconnections that open up on your way out of the level. And completing all the missions means that the game is shaping up to be long enough to be well worth the purchase price.

vegeta1215
12-28-2008, 12:48 AM
Yeah, it's a fun game. The secret levels are especially good. I haven't played it in a while, but I've gotten all the treasures, and have like 90% of the missions done. Some of them are very tricky.

Oh, and in case you haven't gotten there already, I want to give you this tip so you don't drive yourself crazy fighting the plant boss like I did: shake the armor plated goons. Also, a misc tip: if you toss the pitch fork head goons straight into a wall, they will get stuck, and you can use them as a step. You need to do this to get some diamonds and other money in order to beat the "get this amount of money" missions. I did not figure this out for a while.

Cloral
01-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Funny, the next time I played after reading your post was when I first reached a point where I had to throw one of those guys into the wall.

I just finished the main game yesterday, with most of the treasures and many of the missions from the main levels. Now going back to do the secret levels, and am happy to find that they seem to be a good bit harder than the main game, which I found to be a bit on the easy side.

Cloral
03-10-2009, 09:55 PM
I finally finished the game 100% yesterday. It was really a great game. There was a lot to do with all the missions to complete. Though near the end when I knew the general pattern to the missions I found I could finish a level in 2 to 3 runthroughs. The one level that gave me the most trouble to get the missions on was that stupid tomb level. That sequence with like 12 cannons in a row totally sucked.

CaRmAgE
03-11-2009, 02:01 PM
That sequence with like 12 cannons in a row totally sucked.

What's sad is I redid that part so many times that I memorized it and never mess it up again. The part that really frustrated me was getting the rest of the loot. It took me forever to realize that one of the boards had a cannon slightly hidden off-screen.

I haven't gotten all the missions in the last two boss levels yet (got everything everywhere else, though, including the secret levels). Man, beating Large Fry before time runs out is hard! Anyone have a strategy for this? I've been trying to save three bombs to throw in his stomach one after another, but I keep screwing up the part after.

Cloral
03-11-2009, 08:07 PM
I don't know if saving up the bombs helps, but I didn't do that when I got the time mission. For me, it was just repetition until I got the moves down pat. Also, once you get far enough along where he drops bags twice in a row, I found that destroying the bags on my side really helped as it keeps the enemy clutter way down. Then you can focus on stunning one enemy and getting it in his mouth. Also, luck does play a part as what enemies you get matters.

CaRmAgE
03-12-2009, 02:56 PM
I don't know if saving up the bombs helps,

My theory was that, since the lower the boss's health, the more guys you need to feed him to make him spit out a bomb, I would save up bombs early when it required less guys to make them.

The problem I have afterward is the opposite of what you're saying: I don't have enough guys to throw into his mouth, especially when he's killing them off with his stomps. I guess I may need some luck with this one.

Nicholas Steel
11-14-2010, 04:16 AM
Original (awesome) link is no longer valid. Please use http://www.youtube.com/user/wariolandshakeit2008