PDA

View Full Version : Whistle Pond Weirdness

Pygathrix
09-21-2008, 03:23 PM
I've worked my way through Alphadawg's tutorial over the last few days, and I've gotten everything to work, except for one little glitch that has me stumped.

When I create a dungeon entrance (http://www.kingsquee.com/zc/zqtutorial/chapter4/page3.html#Step%208) that appears under a pond that disappears from blowing the whistle, the color of the water doesn't change from blue to sand. The staircase dungeon entrance appears and functions properly, and I can walk across the water to get to the staircase, but the water is still blue.

I've checked under the Secret combos, but I can't find anything for the whistle. Is there a special set of water combo tiles I should use for disappearing water?

I'm using 2.10 (Build 0) of ZV and ZQ, on a Win XP machine.

Anthus
10-02-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm assuming you're using the Classic set..

Did you change the c-set of the secret combos? I know water uses c-set 2 in classic, but there are extra tiles used for the emptying effect with classic, and I think they use a different c-set. You could test it by changing the secret combo to something like sand just to test the c-set. Perhaps you could post a screen, since maybe I'm not understanding the problem. (Press F12 in the player to screencap)

Another thing could be that you set the wrong type of secret combo,.

Pygathrix
10-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Here's what it looks like after I use the whistle:
http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zelda001dy3.png

I looked through the c-sets, but none of the others are the right color. I did use c-set 2.

For the secret combo, I used Stairs under the Misc tab. I don't see any secret combo for the whistle at all. I tried changing the combo to something other than the stair combo, and when I used the whistle, it did change the one water combo to the new combo. It's the water around the stairs that won't change.

Shazza Dani
10-04-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm not sure about this at all, but maybe try un-checking the rule "interpolated fading"—or perhaps a different rule if that doesn't work.

Pygathrix
10-05-2008, 10:05 AM
I'm not sure about this at all, but maybe try un-checking the rule "interpolated fading"

That one was already unchecked. I tried checking it, but it didn't change anything.

erm2003
10-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Plain and simple... this may have been broken in 2.10. I think it was reported as a known bug and either fixed in 2.10.2 or it has been fixed through the 2.5 beta/alpha builds. It may be a graphic error, but it does still work and you can get into the stairs so at least it's not a game ending bug.