PDA

View Full Version : Two questions

bob1000
09-20-2008, 10:03 PM
1: How do I make a sword beam not flash? I think I remember doing it once, but I'm not sure how I did it. I looked through 780 and changed the beam's flash CSet to the sword Cset, but it didn't work. Also, there's no flash Cset option in the sword options (at least I couldn't find one).

2: What order should I place tiles in for an animated projectile? I tried putting all of the north-facing tiles first and then the east-facing tiles, but I then fire a north-facing projectile when facing east or west. I also tried alternating between north and east, but then it does both of them in the animation. I can probably get around this by having direction-neutral tiles, but for the sake of graphic consistency, I would rather go with the multi-direction tile approach.

Thanks to anyone that answers these questions.

LJ Bad
09-21-2008, 10:14 AM
For your first question about flashing, if you go to graphics->sprites->weapons/misc, then look for the sword sprites for the sword you want. When you click on it, there should be some checkboxes checked that tell the sprite to flash. If you uncheck those, then it should stop flashing.

There are also some checkboxes there that say H flip, V flip or something like that. Those might be able to solve your second question, but I'm not sure, cuz I've never tried to animate the sword beam sprites.

bob1000
09-23-2008, 04:35 PM
1: The flash boxes were already unchecked when I looked at it.

2: I checked the arrow sprite options and "H-Flip" and "V-Flip" were unchecked. Actually, I think I'll just make it a uni-directional animation.