PDA

View Full Version : I am such a n00b.

FefeRawft
09-13-2008, 04:18 PM
I can't figure out, how to make it so you can enter a building, edit the building, enter a dungeon, edit the dungeon, change the tile set colors, slow down the frames per second, place enemies, place people, make people talk, and place items in certain spots. Can someone help?

The_Amaster
09-13-2008, 05:16 PM
This sounds like a job for Alphadawg! (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91177)

Questions not answered there:
Slow the frame rate- Don't think it can be done.
Place people-Just use a people tile on Layer 1. The background will be transparent.
Make people talk- Requires a script, which requires a beta. More information upon request.

FefeRawft
09-14-2008, 06:07 AM
By the background will be transparent, do you mean that when I test it the purple won't be there any more?

Oh, and I figured out how to slow the frame rate, just click CAP FPS

bobrocks95
09-14-2008, 11:30 AM
You place an unwalkable but same-looking tile as the floor where you want your character. Then place a person with the transparent color behind it(it's usually black) on any layer you want on the same spot as the unwalkable combo. On the normal drawing screen, you shouldn't see the transparent color.

lucas92
09-14-2008, 09:06 PM
You don't need to make a new topic each time you have a new question. Just make your questions in your topic and people will answer them...

FefeRawft
09-15-2008, 03:11 PM
when I place them the color stays, am I doing something wrong?

FefeRawft
09-15-2008, 03:58 PM
actually, the purple has these x's where the purple color is when you try to edit tiles, I'm guessing this means it will go away when I test the quest? also how do you edit a tile to make it so you can walk through certain tiles like the mountain one on the LoZ set(I'm using comprehensive gameboy, I always liked those tiles)

bobrocks95
09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Yes, in the tile editor the transparent color will show up with X's through it. It's supposed to go away(the color) in the editor, so you must be doing something wrong. Make sure you set up a layer with the layer command(not sure what section it's under in 2.10), and that you're placing the person on the just-created layer.

Click on the little square that has red corners on it in the combo editor. Parts that are red are unwalkable, so just make none of them red.

FefeRawft
09-16-2008, 12:53 PM
So how excatly do you change the layer it's on?

FefeRawft
09-16-2008, 01:00 PM
And also can a house/dungeon have multiple floors?
How does ZQuest figure out where you start off if you enter a building or do you have to specify that yourself and how?

Last question: Am I the biggest n00b you know? (Don't worry I don't care what you say)

The_Amaster
09-16-2008, 05:19 PM
No, actually, I respect you for asking all of these questions that aren't covered in standard stuff, instead of giving up and walking away.

Layers are...a bit complicated. Basicly, imagine that you have a picture of a field, and then you have a transparent sheet of plastic on which you draw a bunch of trees, and lay it over the field picture. ZC needs one screen for the field, and one for each transparent layer you want, so if you have a layer on every screen, it doubles the screens you need. I personally, will make two maps, one I call Forest, and one I call Forest Layer 3.

As for how to change them, heres what you do. Under the "screen" menu, theres an option called layers. Open it, than under the layer you want, type the screen number and map number (not DMap) of the screen you want to be your transparency. Then, back in the main interface, use the PgUp and PgDwn keys until you see a row of numbers with circles at the bottom. This is your layer panel, and in it you select which layer to work on.

So if you've created a transparency for layer three, click the circle under layer three and then everything you put will be on that layer. Than click 0 to move back to 0, etc.

And for reference...
Layers 1 & 2: Below Link
Layers 3 & 4: Above Link, but below jumping and flying enemies.
Layers 5 & 6: Above everything.

Okay, second question: different levels.
Much easier. Just make a different DMap for each, and warp between them. Have ZC start you at the first one, and link with warps and stairs. Voila.