PDA

View Full Version : SotW 19 (winner is Beta Link)

Joe123
09-08-2008, 05:15 PM
And here we go, SotW 19.
2 entries this time.
Apologies to s2dve, as he PMed me saying he'd put an entry in, but I'm going to bed now (20:15 here in England) so it'll have to be included onto next week's competition.

Beta Link

http://freewebs.com/beta_link/zomglightning.gif

A classic in Zelda Classic. That's right; lightning!

Joe123

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r260/Joe123ZC/zelda003-4.png

For the moment, ignore the Gibdos, and concentrate on the crosshair mouse cursor, subscreen and death ray. Rest assured that more fitting graphics are on the way.

It's good to be on time =)

Russ
09-08-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm voting for Joe. That script is awesome. I'm assuming it's for the contest over at Pure.

gray0x
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Well, since Joe's is a script and not a shot, going with Beta Link.

Shazza Dani
09-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Both screens are rather bad, but Joe's looks more interesting. *votes for Joe123*

s2dve
09-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Both screens are rather bad

Hmmm, maybe it's better I was late.

Well I like them both but I'm going with Beta link because I understand what that shot is about.

Revfan9
09-09-2008, 04:42 AM
wtf is this?

Russ
09-09-2008, 10:52 AM
wtf is this?
One cutscene with Link holding on to a ship and one script showing Link have fun with a lazer beam. :D

By the way, where have you been? Last week I submitted another EarthBound screenshot with mountains twisted to work the way I wanted and I was expecting some heavy criticism from you. :)

Alex-Link
09-09-2008, 10:57 AM
The desperation of real screenshots can be felt, no vote from me for either, I don't like either of them :/

Elmensajero
09-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Beta Link - Pretty good job using a different palette than the original's to recreate the intro scene to Link's Awakening. It looks a little weird with the water in the background though, in the actual game when it switched to showing Link on the ship, it used a black background. It only used the water background for showing the ship itself.

Joe123 - Wow, very impressive. I definitely want to try that quest out! Time to go search on purezc to see when that contest is over...

Revfan9
09-09-2008, 03:47 PM
One cutscene with Link holding on to a ship and one script showing Link have fun with a lazer beam. :D

By the way, where have you been? Last week I submitted another EarthBound screenshot with mountains twisted to work the way I wanted and I was expecting some heavy criticism from you. :)

I've been places.

As for your EB shot, I saw that, and it's the exact same deal as before. A horrible palette with contrast that's far too low (I've been really into the high-contrast stuff recently, but even ignoring that the contrast is far too low), and with tiles that are of completely different perspectives and artistic styles that just clash horribly together, not to mention the shot itself being shoddily made and more empty than the deepest depths of the cosmos...

Joe123
09-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Joe123 - Wow, very impressive. I definitely want to try that quest out! Time to go search on purezc to see when that contest is over...

Ah, I'm afraid I don't think it'll be ready for the end of the competition.
Migokalle's custom-drawing all the graphics, and I don't think he's had any time to get started yet.

I have, however, finished a different entry that will be in at the end of the competition.
This one will take another week or so to tidy up I think.

Linkus
09-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Wow, both SOTWs have declined in quality... Joe123, I can understand as they are placeholders and you're limited to one screen.

Looks like I'm going to have to teach a few people about how much quality you put in a SOTW entry... ;)

Shazza Dani
09-09-2008, 10:12 PM
I might have a shot next week.

Revfan9
09-10-2008, 02:08 AM
This SotW makes me feel like making a shot and sending it in, if only as a futile attempt to redeem what little honor ZC had.

Beta Link
09-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I admit that isn't my greatest shot. Come to think of it now, I don't even know why I picked it. I'll put together a new shot at some point in the future, maybe right after the start of PureZC's Fall Expo. I can definately do better than this.

LostInHyru1e
09-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Neither of them are really "Shots" in my book. One's a cutscene and one is dominated by black.

But I'm going for Beta-Link, because ripping those graphics probably isn't the simplest thing.