PDA

View Full Version : No fullscreen under vista

larienna
09-08-2008, 08:33 AM
If I try to run ZC or zquest in full screen under windows vista, there is a couple of flashes and the program crashes.

IS there some options to set in the EXE so that it could run correctly on vista in full screen.

It's not just a ZC problem, most of the other fullscreen applications I have crashes on startup.

cbailey78
09-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Try adding the command line parameters:
-res 640 480 big -fullscreen

larienna
09-09-2008, 09:10 AM
It worked.

I tried it for zquest, it did not work the same. Tried different combinations. The best so far is

"big -directx"

bluedeath
09-11-2008, 03:40 PM
I have the same problem but either if 640 480 is checked, I still get the same popup making a bluescreen appear saying there is a problem with windows and needs to shutdown, then comp restarts. Using Compaq vista laptop.

Megafont
10-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi. I'm experiencing this same issue. But I'm running ZeldaClassic on Windows XP Service Pack 2, not Vista.

I did get ZeldaClassic to run in fullscreen mode. ZQuest however, will not run in fullscreen mode no matter what. So, what I've done for now, is I took the ZQuest Double shortcut, and I made a copy, renamed it ZQuest Triple, and gave it the "-Scale 3" command line argument. It works fine, but if you move the mouse too close to the edge of the window, the program loses its mouse capture, which gets a little annoying because its so easy to do that accidentally.

This problem is occuring for me in all 3 versions of ZeldaClassic that I have on my computer (ZC192b183, ZC2.10, and ZC2.11B9b).

I am also experiencing some random crashing in ZQuest v2.10. These 3 versions of ZeldaClassic used to run fine, and very stable for me. My computer has since been reformatted once, and it got some more ram and a new video card awhile back.

zeldaplayer2222
01-03-2009, 04:47 PM
I am having the same problem
I downloaded the latest build

the game plays for awhile the quits and the error message comes up
A problem has caused the program to quit and the program shuts down