PDA

View Full Version : Link tile modification

Pielord
09-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Is it possible to modify ALL the link tiles when you get an item? I can't seem to get it to modify tiles like link walking up or slashing or other stuff. I would like to include a optional hat in my game but I might have to scrap the idea if it is not possible. Also, I'm using build 846 if that helps. Thanks in advance. :)

*b*
09-07-2008, 11:17 AM
There should be a rule under Quest > Rules > Animation called Expanded Link Tile Modifiers. Clicking that on should (In theory) affect ALL of Link's tiles with the LTM. However, it's my experience that doesn't work, though I do recall jman telling me that was fixed some time ago. If you're already using that rule, and slashing tiles aren't affected, it's time to get on his case again

Pielord
09-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Thank you! I didn't have that rule checked but now that I do it works. :) Also, it does affect slashing tiles so don't bother jman about it.

*b*
09-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Excellent. Glad to be of some help. Now, you should probably test all of Link's animations (Jumping, charging, swimming, ect.), just to see if they work. If they don't you should report it as a bug

I'd do it myself, but you know... I'm lazy....

Majora
09-07-2008, 07:06 PM
With Expanded Link Tile Modifiers, you need a completely new set of Link sprites for every item that modifies his appearance, like so:

http://img37.picoodle.com/data/img37/3/9/7/f_zelda037m_0d076a9.gif

One for shieldless, wooden shield, magic shield, and mirror shield.

I think there's another rule that makes the LTM's be either "stacked" or "absolute", like.. stacked LTMs mean the numbers add up, while absolute means they don't add up, and if one item has LTM number of 5 (for example) and another 3, then the final LTM will be 5... does that make sense?