PDA

View Full Version : so I'm starting my first quest and I want the music to change between some screens...

Matt Bick
09-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Hi. I just started learning Zquest a week or two ago and now I'm starting my first quest. I went though Alphadawg's tutorial, so I guess I know how to use Zquest, but there's a few things I want to do for my quest and I can't find an answer to my problems anywhere.

So question number 1:
I'm not sure how to explain this, so let me try my best. For those of you that have played Pineconn's A Link to the Heavens, you know how in the sunscreen map it has those colors that tell you which area you're in? Pineconn told me it has something to do with the palettes, but he couldn't explain it very well and told me to ask here. So my question is...how do I do that?

My second question:
How do I get music to change between screens that appear on the same subscreen map? Like, say one screen is the town, and the screen next to it is the forest. I want the town to play a certain MIDI, and then the forest to play another, and I want them both to appear on the same subscreen map (I guess that's the best way to explain it ;) ). I assume it has to do something with dmaps, but I've tried a few different things and I can't get it to work.

By the way, I'm using 2.10 on Windows, and my tileset is this one (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&id=27), if that has anything to do with it.

So thanks in advance and I'm sorry for such a long question! :D