PDA

View Full Version : BS Zelda Map II quest?

King Aquamentus
09-04-2008, 09:56 PM
I did some snooping around at BS Zelda's homepage, and I found that BS Zelda did indeed have a second quest. They even provided maps of the new overworld and new dungeons with about enough info to make a quest easily.

The catch is, Map II as it is called isn't all that different. The overworld is heavily altered from Map I, but dungeons and items are still located in the same place. While the dungeon maps are new, They still have all the same old stuff from BS Map I.

For example, Level 1 in BS Zelda is "S" shaped, Turquoise-ish, with goriyas, stalfos, keese, etc, Aquamentus for a boss, Bow for an item, and Abei warns that Arrows cost money to use.

...in Map II, the level is shaped like an "N", and therefore a very different dungeon in progression, but otherwise is the same color, same item, same foes, same message, etc.

Now, it's mediocre in that it resembles BS map 1 a little TOO much, but if I changed that, it wouldn't be a remake. :/ However, this could easily be made into a quest.

_L_
09-05-2008, 03:55 AM
You know, I don't think there even exists an authentic transcription of BS Zelda Map 1 into ZC format, either. The so-called BS First Quest is just the NES's first quest with BS Zelda tiles and not-very-good MIDIs from every other game.

Shazza Dani
09-05-2008, 04:33 AM
You know, I don't think there even exists an authentic transcription of BS Zelda Map 1 into ZC format, either. The so-called BS First Quest is just the NES's first quest with BS Zelda tiles and not-very-good MIDIs from every other game.

http://www.kenoshaonline.com/zelda/bsrmke.htm Yay Valerie. <3

King Aquamentus
09-05-2008, 03:00 PM

http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/viewquest.php?q=52

http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/viewquest.php?q=179

Nicholas Steel
09-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Unless you use scripts for the clock (would be cool, especially if it was made so the clock resetted when the end of the last day was reached), it ain't going to be a accurate remake :)

King Aquamentus
09-05-2008, 11:46 PM
franpa: VEL's quests didn't use the clock, why the hell would I?

Shazza Dani
09-06-2008, 01:48 AM
franpa: VEL's quests didn't use the clock, why the hell would I?

Because… BS Zelda uses a clock? If it can be done, by all means do it. (Or not. It's not MY quest—do what you want.)

Revfan9
09-06-2008, 02:58 AM
Unless you use scripts for the clock (would be cool, especially if it was made so the clock resetted when the end of the last day was reached), it ain't going to be a accurate remake :)

Make sure it has to disable itself to make it unplayable at the end of the last day, or it won't be accurate.

King Aquamentus
09-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Valerie did not use such a method, and neither will I. Please listen to me as I say this