PDA

View Full Version : silent hill is the greatest game

Lilith
09-03-2008, 05:16 PM
---

MasterSwordUltima
09-03-2008, 06:23 PM
My fiance has the biggest fan club of Pyramid Head on deviantArt. I gave her a present of Silent Hill: Origins the other week too, and now I've got SH:HC reserved for her when it comes out later on this month.

I like how all the monsters represent something from the main character's psyche.

DarkDragoonX
09-03-2008, 09:34 PM
I love the games to death, though my least favorite was Origins.

I really hope HC keeps the adventure/horror gameplay that the other games have... RE4 was a blast, but it wasn't a survival/adventure game any more, it was just a really good third-person shooter.

Brasel
09-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Meh, I played the first one and I wasn't a fan. I'm not much for the survival horror genre. I wanted to try it again after Silent Hill the movie came out. I still haven't seen in either.

My sister was all about watching me and my brother play video games when we were growing up, and when she finally did start playing games herself, she was schooling veterans of Halo and Madden and stuff like that. Maybe you should start trying to play yourself, Lilith.

Icey
09-05-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm not really a fan of Silent Hill, or Resident Evil either for that matter. Not really my cup of tea.

My sister was all about watching me and my brother play video games when we were growing up, and when she finally did start playing games herself, she was schooling veterans of Halo and Madden and stuff like that. Maybe you should start trying to play yourself, Lilith.

I agree with this, I know a lot of gamers who used to just watch others play who were quite good when they finally started themselves, and enjoyed playing as well.

rock_nog
09-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Ah, come on, Resident Evil 4 wasn't that bad - though it wasn't so much survival horror as it was "frickin' kill everything." Then again, if RE4 hadn't been released, and especially if it hadn't been ported to the Wii (I hate dual-analog aiming), I probably would've agreed with you about Resident Evil. Oh, and here's a great video regarding Resident Evil 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZsDUSxK5Fs

MottZilla
09-07-2008, 02:33 PM
rock_nog you're banned from talking about Resident Evil 4 now. There's no "dual analog aiming" in any version of the game. You cannot shoot while moving. It's really annoying when people talk badly about a game they clearly haven't played, in this case dogging a version they hadn't played. Resident Evil 4 did have a survival horror aspect to it. It's just not quite so much the limited but dark and creepy. More like the hordes of nasty coming to get you. Also you have to remember the "fear" in the game disappears once you've beaten the game and have a huge arsenal of weapons and are virtually unstoppable. It's more scary when you have to watch your ammunition and your weapons don't turn the enemies into mush in a one shot.

rock_nog
09-07-2008, 02:39 PM
What? Sorry Mott, I misspoke - fine, analog aiming. I don't have to play the game to know that you have to use the analog stick to aim. And OMG, I'm not badmouthing the game! It's nothing to do with the game itself, I'm just terrible at using an analog stick to aim. Christ... it's annoying when people jump to conclusions like that - it's a personal issue for me, I didn't say it was a fault with the game.

Fiyerstorm
09-09-2008, 12:26 AM
I cannot wait for SH: Homecoming. I don't care that the original SH team isn't making this one..the new team did an excellent job and even put some references to the movie (which ruled, I don't care what you whores say).

Check out this video:
http://kotaku.com/5044389/silent-hill-homecoming-+-the-first-boss-fight

Boss almost looks like motion-captured claymation o.o