PDA

View Full Version : August 2008 - End of Time

Russ
09-02-2008, 04:15 PM
End of Time; by Pineconn
Rated at: Sapphire (83/100)

Quick Facts:

Graphics: 17/20. Wonderful use of the classic set throughout.
Gameplay: 18/20. Nice, solid gameplay
Storyline: 9/20. Standard save Zelda from Ganon quest, with the addition of a secret underworld plot twist.
Sound: 19/20. The music was very appealing
Design: 20/20. The overworld was expertly made, with an underworld connecting certain peices. The dungeons were put together very well.

This is one of the quests that will just make you go "WOW". Of all the quests out there, this is my personal favorite.

At first glance, it appears to be your standard classic quest. However, look again, and you'll find that it's much more than that.

The overworld is a put together perfectly. At first, to get to a certain area, you'll have to go through a long path to find a level. Then, get the item, and you'll unlock shortcuts to make the overworld more traversable.

Besides that, there is an underworld. While the underworld in itself is just okay, when combined to the overworld, it is excellent. It serves as a pathway, connecting certain parts of the overworld together, and hiding a few levels...

The dungeons start out short and simple. However, the further through the game you get, the more complicated they become, until when you reach level 8, your head will spin trying to navigate through the giant mazework of tunnels and traps.

The puzzles are also good. They start out simple, and like the dungeons, get more complex as you go.

The botton line: If you want a quest with a killer storyline, flashy graphics, and custom bosses, stay away. But if you want a fun quest with lots of places to explore, a well put together overworld, and music that fits perfectly, download this quest.

Pineconn
09-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Seriously, I made this quest in, like, 2 months.

The_Amaster
09-02-2008, 05:09 PM
That doesn't mean anything. I've noticed in ZQ that most of my time quest-making is consumed by graphical complexity. If you're working in classic and don't have to worry about all the layers and putting insane amounts of time into a billion different decorations, the actual gameplay can be implemented in a very reasonable timeframe.

Russ
09-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Ya. In fact, the fact that it's in classic is one of the reasons I like it so much. There aren't any flashy graphics to distract me. :)

By the way, I was trying to make the review fair and not let personal preference interfere with it. Did I do a good job about it?

Pineconn
09-02-2008, 10:49 PM
I think so. I guess I won't delete it after all. :D

A-Red
09-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Always good to see a detailed review, of course, but End of Time was August's gemstone. Kamala's Tomb was picked for July, and hasn't been reviewed...I only bring it up because I was really looking forward to that review.

Russ
09-02-2008, 11:10 PM
You're right! I just called it July because the last one on the list was June!

Bobrocks, how's July's Gemstone coming?

bobrocks95
09-03-2008, 06:10 PM
*Snaps out of a coma* Huh!? Whuzzat?!

Oh, July *smacks head*. I'll see if I can get it done tonight, I completely forgot. Sorry guys.

SpacemanDan
09-04-2008, 06:29 PM
I've been playing EoT for awhile now. I can't remember where I am right now, but I know I'm having a good time with it.

Moo2wo
02-03-2009, 08:12 PM
This quest was really good, I am glad it got a good score.

Anthus
02-04-2009, 02:30 AM
Using the Classic set takes true skill. You have only the wow factor of your design, and originality, and no flashy hooks to distract from the gameplay. Sadly, I still haven't played this quest -.-

Russ
02-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Then play it! Seriously, it's a good quest If it we're up to me, it would have gotten a perfect score, but I had to be a little fair. It's a fun quest, and it's not too long.

Moo2wo
03-05-2009, 06:34 PM
If I were to review this quest, it would be 99.9%. Like Russell said, we have to be fair.;)