PDA

View Full Version : School bans cartwheels

Dann Woolf
09-01-2008, 06:53 AM
http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=9413361

I think I'm going to punch a baby, that's how pissed off I am now.

EDIT: Damn it, there aren't any babies around. Now what am I going to punch in rage?

Archibaldo
09-01-2008, 10:32 AM
It's this kind of stuff that promotes juvenile delinquency. Rules are meant to be broken. If any of this happened when I was a kid I would be a major trouble maker.

Aegix Drakan
09-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Oh good gravy.

*rolls eyes to the sky* What's next? "sorry, your kid was put in detention for RUNNING, because it's a dangerous activity!" ?

I mean, come on! Kids NEED to do stuff like that. And if they get a few scrapes or bruises, then GREAT. Kids NEED to get hurt a bit. If they go through most of their life without getting hurt, and then as adults they do, they won't understand, and they won't have developed a tolerance for it!

At this point, why not just chain kids to their beds, and only let them out to do their mandatory 500 push-ups?

moocow
09-01-2008, 11:26 AM
At this point, why not just chain kids to their beds, and only let them out to do their mandatory 500 push-ups?

Because that's a dangerous activity, duuuuuh ;)

Dann Woolf
09-01-2008, 03:29 PM
In related news, several thousand children have suffocated to death from being wrapped in cotton wool.

MasterSwordUltima
09-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Is my elementary school the only one left that still allows dodgeball?

Aegix Drakan
09-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Man, I love dodgeball.

...It's too bad that our government thinks it's too violent and has not made it part of the curriculum. (If the teachers want to do it on their own, though, they're allowed, thank goodness.)

Dodgeball is GREAT. You get to run a lot, you get to work on your reflexes, you learn to aim better, and above all (especially when playing with altered rules) you learn teamwork. It's a VERY good sport.

I myself have taken a hit on purpose in *knock down the pins* dodgeball. ...better to lose a team member than to lose the game. ;)

Shazza Dani
09-01-2008, 04:50 PM
In one of the highschools I attended, we played dodgeball but called it by a different name. Sooo crafty…

cbailey78
09-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Check this site out!
http://www.geocities.com/ami_ananka/vsh1.html
This is why most of the kids hate school and their rules!