PDA

View Full Version : Dead bodies are cool!!!!1111

Zaphod Q. IX
08-31-2008, 11:28 PM
Bodies...The Exhibit (http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/).

I went and saw this today at the Cincinnati Museum Center (http://www.cincymuseum.org/default.asp). Coolest thing I've seen in a long time. :D

My son was mesmerized...especially after I explained that that was what we looked like on the inside. He kept asking "what's that?"

Definitely worth the costly admission.

MasterSwordUltima
09-01-2008, 12:50 AM
So wait, they have actual bodies of dead people? Or are they models? Either way it looks really interesting.

aces2022
09-01-2008, 12:55 AM
"This exhibit displays human remains of Chinese citizens or residents which were originally received by the Chinese Bureau of Police. The Chinese Bureau of Police may receive bodies from Chinese prisons. Premier cannot independently verify that the human remains you are viewing are not those of persons who were incarcerated in Chinese prisons."

There you go. Don't they just make everthing possible?:D

Zaphod Q. IX
09-01-2008, 01:01 AM
Actual dead bodies...and it was crazy...there were no barriers between the bodies and the spectators...just signs saying "DON'T TOUCH THE BODIES!"

"This exhibit displays human remains of Chinese citizens or residents which were originally received by the Chinese Bureau of Police. The Chinese Bureau of Police may receive bodies from Chinese prisons. Premier cannot independently verify that the human remains you are viewing are not those of persons who were incarcerated in Chinese prisons."
Apparently the fact that they were Chinese prisoners is a problem for some people.
:shrug:

aces2022
09-01-2008, 01:11 AM
* Poke Poke
I think it moved :uhoh:

RUUUUUUNN!!!!

Archibaldo
09-01-2008, 01:14 AM
Actual dead bodies...and it was crazy...there were no barriers between the bodies and the spectators...just signs saying "DON'T TOUCH THE BODIES!"

Lovely. A body just there rotting.

Zaphod Q. IX
09-01-2008, 01:16 AM
Lovely. A body just there rotting.
Nope. They're processed and dissected in various ways to highlight different body structures such as the muscular and skeletal, and "plasticized" or "rubberized" so as to avoid decomposition, and/or contamination. They're sterile.

Lemon
09-01-2008, 03:02 AM
I was lucky enough to catch this exhibit while it was in Milwaukee with my Anatomy class this year. Overall, it was cool, but some of the bodies didn't seem "real" because they were enclosed in glass/dress up/set up in really funky ways.

About two weeks later we actually got to visit a gross lab, and were able to touch actual bodies. They had heads covered up with clothes, any part that wasn't actually cut up, save the head because apparently the med students had been at it so long dissecting that they thought it would be a little to much for some students. It's amazing how much the human muscle feels exactly like touch chicken meat.

moocow
09-01-2008, 11:17 AM
I want to go see that soooo bad

Zaphod Q. IX
09-01-2008, 02:20 PM
I want to go see that soooo bad
It's only at the Cincinnati Museum Center for six more days, moo...so if you're gonna scoot down here to see it, you'd better do it this week. ;)

moocow
09-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I'm poor so I don't see that happening....

aces2022
09-02-2008, 12:11 AM
When I was in fourth grade I had a friend who's mom was a brain surgeon. She brought in a human brain for show and tell. It was SOOOOO KEWL. It was my childhood fantasy come true. BRAAAAINS