PDA

View Full Version : I know we're not supposed to do this but...

idontknow
08-31-2008, 06:25 PM
...here are some suggestions i'm in desperate need of being implemented:

1. Water (Zora Only) combo: Basically a combo that Spawns Zoras but Link doesn't swim in it. Good for Zora-type enemies that do not actually live in Water, like Lava Zoras or Sand Zoras.

2. "Cannot Activate Lower Level Triggers" item flag: Makes it so that an item cannot activate triggers of a lower level. For example, if you set this for the magic sword, this means that the magic sword can only trigger "magic sword" flags (and not "wooden sword" or "white sword" flags too)

3. Custom Counters: I'm not sure if these are planned for the near future or not but these would be a counter you can add to your subscreen. Then you could make items that add to this counter (such as in ammunition) or items that take away from this counter when you use that item. This is so you can have a variety of different bombs or arrows that use seperate ammunition.

4. Hookshot 2 Grab combo: Makes it so that only a Hookshot Item with a level # of 2 will grab onto this combo and pull Link to it. Makes an updated HS more of a requirement. If a HS of level #1 hits this combo, nothing happens.

5. Block Hole 2 (Push->Previous) flag: Makes it so that when you push a block onto this space, it changes into the previous combo (rather than the next combo). Kind of hard to explain why this would be needed with just words but trust me, it'd allow for more unique push block puzzles. An example: You have a block that can be pushed left or right and depending on which direction you push it, it will cover either a "Push->Previous" or "Push->Next" flag, each which do different things to the block.

6. In the enemy editor, have the misc attributes change to what they actually are for each enemy, just like the misc. attributes for the item editor.

7. A screen flag that makes it so that if Link uses an item just before an instant timed warp, that item's sprite will stay on screen during the warp (should apply to all items). Right now using items during a custom boss seem rather buggy. For example, if you use the Hookshot during my custom boss, when Link instant warps, the Hookshot will just disappear mid-use, even if fully extended.

8. Auto Reset Room: A combo that, when present, resets the room. The current reset room combo only resets the room when Link is standing on it. I think both have their uses. This combo would be particularly useful in that you could make it so that after you trigger secrets, a secret combo eventually cycles to the Auto Reset Room combo, which resets the secrets.

9. Freeze (Link Only) & Auto Freeze (Link Only): Combos that, when present, Freeze Link's movement & animation (by freeze movement I mean player loses control) This would be great for custom bosses that "Stun" Link. The first freezes Link when Link stands on it. The second automatically freezes Link when it is present.

Nicholas Steel
09-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Excellent suggestions, I have no idea if any at all, will be implemented or are already planned for 2.50.

_L_
09-01-2008, 02:08 AM
6. In the enemy editor, have the misc attributes change to what they actually are for each enemy, just like the misc. attributes for the item editor.

I suppose, for the sake of our future userbase, this is unavoidably necessary.

beefster09
09-01-2008, 02:01 PM
I'd say you should only do 3 and 6. I'm a tad iffy about 6 though. How many lines of code would it take to do #3? Like 10 and a quick test? If you want V2.50 out sooner, you should hold off the other 7 until later. (most of them can actually be scripted, but it's kind of a pain to script any of them, not to mention using them.)

cbailey78
09-01-2008, 05:20 PM
I definitely agree about #6! Nobody's is gonna know what the misc attribute number is gonna do. That's worse than scripting by hand.