PDA

View Full Version : 2 Different Bombs?

idontknow
08-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Is it possible to have 2 different types of bombs in your inventory at once?

I want to have normal bombs that automatically explode in one spot and "bomb flowers" that you can acquire later in the game in another...basically bombs that are placed and don't explode until you detonate them. They'd both set off "bomb" flags and do pretty much the same thing.

I think I can do this but only using the same counter. I want them to use seperate counters and have seperate ammunition. Is this possible in the latest released build without scripting?

BFeely
08-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Try remote bombs?

Shazza Dani
08-30-2008, 03:04 PM
It *might* be possible if you can modify Super Bombs into Bomb Flowers, because I think that's the only way they can have separate ammunition from the normal Bombs.

The_Amaster
08-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Well, if you don't mind them pulling from the same ammunition, you can have them display seperatly on the subscrene using Item Override. Just use fuse length of 0 to make them remote bombs.

ShadowTiger
08-30-2008, 10:56 PM
I can *kind of* see it happening, if you can store the current amount of bombs that you have upon using the items, and then swapping that count with the amount of ammo you have for the other item.

For example: You have 16 bombs and 4 remote bombs. You're now using Bombs. You switch to the remote bombs, and your ammo count would stay the same, because there's nothing really allowing ZC to tell the scripting engine to change the value. Now once we use it, part of the item script takes in our current ammo count, sets a global variable to that count, and then takes back the value of the number of remote bombs we have from another variable, and swaps it with the number of bombs (Minus one for the one we just used.) and presto. Sloppy, but likely functional, assuming you can tack a script onto both items in addition to their normal functions.