PDA

View Full Version : custom Items & Triggers

idontknow
08-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Is it possible to have a custom item of an already-existing item class (example: a custom "sword" item) that triggers flags of its level but not lower-level items?

Perhaps the question may be confusing...here's some clarification...essentially I want to be able to have custom items, like an ice sword for example, that each trigger only one flag. The ice sword would use the 'sword' class and use level 2 (replace the white sword). However, I'm afraid that'll make it so that it could also trigger the "sword (any)"

If this isn't possible, which i'm assuming it's not, perhaps a check box in the item editor called "cannot trigger lower level flags"?

Russ
08-25-2008, 10:12 PM
I believe this is only possible with scripting. Sorry.

pkmnfrk
08-26-2008, 01:12 AM
Is it possible to have a custom item of an already-existing item class (example: a custom "sword" item) that triggers flags of its level but not lower-level items?

Perhaps the question may be confusing...here's some clarification...essentially I want to be able to have custom items, like an ice sword for example, that each trigger only one flag. The ice sword would use the 'sword' class and use level 2 (replace the white sword). However, I'm afraid that'll make it so that it could also trigger the "sword (any)"

If this isn't possible, which i'm assuming it's not, perhaps a check box in the item editor called "cannot trigger lower level flags"?

What flags do you intend to trigger? There aren't any Ice Sword flags, so you have to use generic flags. But, generic flags don't have any behaviour at all, let alone triggering on Level 5 swords.

The only way around this to get anywhere near what you want is to script the whole thing. You need the next unreleased build (as of writing), which includes swords and the like as l_weapons, so you can check their positioning on screen to manually trigger script flags.

At this point, I would usually supply code for doing this, but since the build is unreleased, I can't.