PDA

View Full Version : Obama's VP

Trevelyan_06
08-25-2008, 09:47 PM
So, Obama has picked (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/09/obama-vice-president-pick_n_100869.html) his VP. It's going to be Joe Biden. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Joe_Biden,_official_photo_portrait_2-cropped.jpg) Now I don't know much about this man so I don't have any opinions yet. However, I will say, apparently he's Tessio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Salvatore_Tessio.jpg) from the godfather movies.

DarkDragon
08-25-2008, 10:02 PM
I like the guy. He's got balls, which, for the Democratic party, is sadly a much-needed commodity.

rock_nog
08-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Pretty much exactly what I expected - once I heard he was being considered, I knew Obama would pick him. He's got the name recognition thing going, he's got the credibility/experience to balance out Obama's primary weakness, and he's got some balls.

All and all, if I were a supporter of the Democrats, I'd say he's a damn fine pick. Of course, as it stands, they've gone to extraordinary lengths to piss me off, so I will almost certainly be voting third-party this year, but really, if I believed the Democrats even remotely represented liberal ideals, I'd be 100% behind this.

Icey
08-26-2008, 02:00 AM
Wouldn't have been my top pick but I have liked Joe Biden for a while. I like that he speaks his mind frequently (and sometimes profanely). It's like DD said. And sure, this might cause trouble, but I think it's more of an asset in this campaign.

Starkist
08-26-2008, 08:22 PM
"As you know, John McCain is an older white haired man who has been in the Senate over 20 years, voted for the Iraq war, and said Barack Obama did not have the experience to be president. I'm sorry, that’s our intro for next week when Joe Biden is on. I’m sorry, I got confused."

:waggle:

Trevelyan_06
08-27-2008, 03:05 AM
First off, Obama has never played the race card so I don't see what it matters what color Biden is. Secondly, many people voted for the Iraqi war, they didn't however vote for the clusterfuck we currently have due to piss poor management on Bush's part. And lastly, so what if he said he didn't think Obama had enough experience to be President. He's not allowed to change his mind or even have those same reservations but still wanna help Obama be president?

rock_nog
08-27-2008, 08:00 AM
I am so sick of the Democrats and their damn excuses. How on Earth could they NOT know what a clusterfuck the war would turn out to be? Aside from Bush's apparent belief that all you had to do was stroll into Baghdad, take out Saddam, and Democracy would just magically spring out of thin air, I don't see how you could fail to recognize that it was going to be a huge mess. You're talking about invading a sovereign nation, one that happens to be located in a highly unstable region, taking out the government, and then trying to rebuild the infrastructure while establishing Democracy, all while dealing with the fact that the instability will lead to numerous factions, both from within and from without, fighting for a piece.

Seriously, I really gotta wonder how important this election really is. I mean, take any issue, any issue at all that you have with Bush, and I'm almost certain you'll see that it had the full support of the Democrats in Congress. No Child Left Behind, the war, the Patriot Act, FISA, etc... All have the Democrat seal of approval. And on the other side, Republicans are always complaining that Democrats are to blame for irresponsible spending and increasing the size of the government, and yet I think you'll find that irresponsible spending and bigger government are two of Bush's trademarks.

Bah.