PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious Newspaper Headlines

rock_nog
08-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Oh man, I'm reminded of a story a friend from Wisconsin told me about a newspaper article about then-governor Tommy Thompson. A newspaper article ran about him, with the headline "Thompson's pen is a sword." Unfortunately, a minor typo led to the headline reading "Thompson's penis a sword." Hopefully this will brighten your day. Enjoy!

http://humor-world.blogspot.com/2008/08/20-funniest-newspaper-headlines-ever.html

Aegix Drakan
08-21-2008, 04:30 PM

*falls to the floor twitching*

...oh...my...gosh...What the freaking hell...

:laughing: Some of those are downright retarded...

nice find.

erm2003
08-21-2008, 05:43 PM
The local newspaper was once talking about how students where going to better schools in areas they didn't actually live in using a relative's mailing address or by other means. The headline of the article... "Backdoor Entry"

Modus Ponens
08-21-2008, 08:21 PM
My favorites:

"Waterford boy, 8, saves sister's life" 'I wouldn't do it again. She's been a pain this week.' --Waterford boy, 8

"DOE to do NEPA's EIS on BNFL's AMWTP at INEEL after SRA protest"

Lilith
08-21-2008, 08:54 PM
---

Glenn the Grand
08-21-2008, 09:51 PM
My favorite was when this guy honor-killed his wife with a hammer in my old 'hood...

Really? Did the article specify how many more honor points he still needs in order to buy his Insignia of the Hood?

Lilith
08-21-2008, 11:05 PM
---

rock_nog
08-22-2008, 08:38 AM
My favorite was when this guy honor-killed his wife with a hammer in my old 'hood. The headline was "Man Hammers Wife to Death", I felt bad for lolling.
You're terrible, Lilith, but damn, that is pretty funny, when you ignore the whole tragedy aspect.

MasterSwordUltima
08-22-2008, 08:54 AM
The one about how they lost the army truck after painting it camouflage was so fucking funny.

Prrkitty
08-22-2008, 01:06 PM
The one about how they lost the army truck after painting it camouflage was so fucking funny.

That one was my favorite... makes ya wonder how some people get their job quals ... successfully. :)

Cloral
08-22-2008, 01:41 PM
I hate to be that guy but every one of these is lifted from the 'Headlines' segment they do on the Tonight Show. You can even see the signature black poster board behind all the articles.

That isn't to say these are fake, as to the best of my knowledge the articles they use are sent in by viewers. But these are all old, some of them 3-4 years old.

rock_nog
08-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Hey, some of us don't even watch the Tonight Show. And why's everyone harping on about the army vehicle? Maybe they were incompetent, maybe the person who wrote the article is a bad writer, but maybe, just maybe, the people who painted it just did a really good job.

Aegix Drakan
08-22-2008, 09:56 PM
maybe, just maybe, the people who painted it just did a really good job.

:rofl: Sure looks like it.