PDA

View Full Version : ZC and RPG Maker similarities

Jackal
08-19-2008, 12:01 PM
Is the coding between the games similar? Like, if you copied some code from RPG Maker into ZC, would it work?

DarkFlameWolf
08-19-2008, 12:13 PM
no similarities, don't try it.

Jackal
08-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Alright, thanks for the heads-up. That could have been a disaster. Guess I'll have to make the two quests seperately :/

Alright, have a few questions here.

1. I got to where I'm side-warping from the overworld Dmap to the Dungeon Dmap by going through a door, but it's putting me in the top left corner wall instead of by the door. Any way to fix this or will I have to edit the room?

2. In the first room of the dungeon I have a Guy with a String, set on the 'pay for information' special room. However, he's not being set off when I go into the room. (despite the fact I'm on the wall, I'm pretty sure it should be triggering anyways >.>)

PizzaMan
08-19-2008, 10:09 PM
What version are you using?

The_Amaster
08-19-2008, 10:34 PM
1.) Have you placed the blue and/or green square in the proper location?

2.)Have you made sure the screen is on an Interior or Dungeon type DMap?

Jackal
08-20-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm using 2.1, and I found that guide that Alphadawg made. I think I get it all now, and I've solved both of those dilemmas. Thanks for the help.

The only question I really have now is whether you're able to make a game that doesn't end by collecting all the Triforce, defeating Ganon, finding Zelda, etc.

The_Amaster
08-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Yeah, you could just initiate a cutscene at the end, and then put an empty Zelda room or something.

Shazza Dani
08-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Yeah, you could just initiate a cutscene at the end, and then put an empty Zelda room or something.

The Zelda room is unnecessary. Just make a screen that says "THE END" or whatever you want, and you can make custom credits.

Gleeok
08-20-2008, 12:57 AM
Might I suggest a "Game Over" screen when the game's over.

..can't believe no ones done that one yet. :D

Jackal
08-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Huh, so there's some kind of flag I can use to initiate an endgame sequence whenever I want?

Link
08-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Huh, so there's some kind of flag I can use to initiate an endgame sequence whenever I want?

Yes, flag 15 (Zelda), although it triggers the original NES credits screen.