PDA

View Full Version : Lian-Li solves Xbox 360 overheating dilemma

Prrkitty
08-15-2008, 02:25 PM
http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/38902/97/

Quote: Most, if not all problems the Xbox 360 console had over the past several years were related to the fact that Microsoft chose a cost-effective, but very weak cooling solution. If you're willing to void your warranty, Lian-Li has a solution for you.

----------------------------------------------------

FYI read...

MottZilla
08-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Many years too late. Newer consoles with 65nm CPUs and soon 65nm GPUs have really cut down on heat problems.

bigjoe
08-15-2008, 04:12 PM
That, and attachable back fans really arent bad. Thats what I use.

Radium
08-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Hmm... My XBox 360 is still running strong and I got a day before anyone else could get one at the launch event. Maybe people just don't care to put it on a hard surface to give the console adequate airflow? or keep it out of the sun and not under your Iguana's heat lamp? lol

MottZilla
08-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Hmm... My XBox 360 is still running strong and I got a day before anyone else could get one at the launch event. Maybe people just don't care to put it on a hard surface to give the console adequate airflow? or keep it out of the sun and not under your Iguana's heat lamp? lol

I had a 360 die on me, and I did everything correctly. Hard flat surface with plenty of ventilation, etc. It wasn't a big deal though, I just got it replaced and moved on. The 360 I have now is showing signs of death, so it'll likely be replaced too. I'm just hoping it will hold out for the next price cut as well as the 65nm GPU.

Radium
08-18-2008, 06:23 PM
I had a 360 die on me, and I did everything correctly. Hard flat surface with plenty of ventilation, etc. It wasn't a big deal though, I just got it replaced and moved on. The 360 I have now is showing signs of death, so it'll likely be replaced too. I'm just hoping it will hold out for the next price cut as well as the 65nm GPU.

Bummer. I guess I've been lucky so far *knock on wood*

Nicholas Steel
08-19-2008, 12:57 AM
I'm not sure what the "fan noise" that they speak of is. My bro has bought one in the last4 months and the noisiest thing I noticed on it during my times of use, was the DVD Drive spinning discs during loading sequences.

MottZilla
08-19-2008, 02:24 AM
The fans actually do change speed and are "fairly" loud, but indeed they are usually unnoticed thanks to the 16X DVD-ROM drive that screams like a banshee. But this will be avoidable when the fall update comes letting you HD Install games.