PDA

View Full Version : O'Brien anger over Rocky remake

Prrkitty
08-13-2008, 03:59 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7559471.stm

Quote: A remake of cult 1975 film The Rocky Horror Picture Show is being produced without the blessing of its creator Richard O'Brien, he has told the BBC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This movie is definitely a cult classic. In my opinion any remake couldn't and wouldn't hold a candle to the original. I really really hope this doesn't come to fruition.

rock_nog
08-13-2008, 05:02 PM
Sometimes, I just don't understand remakes. Sometimes, they make sense. Maybe a movie could've been done better. Maybe the special effects could have been improved. Maybe it's just become outdated. But none of these apply to the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Why, WHY!?

MasterSwordUltima
08-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Let's do the time warp again!

Just a jump to the left, and a step to the right...

Trevelyan_06
08-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Well the first hint that this is an epic failure in the making is the fact that MTV is helping. You can't just recapture the sort of culture and experience that goes along with a movie like the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Instead of remaking it they should focus their attention on making a movie LIKE RHPS as an homage to it.

I hope I'm wrong and they do a good job on the remake, but lets fact it, remaking classic movies is a risky business. You've really got to understand the movie, how people relate to it, and how it relates to them. You really have to go out there and get the pop culture side of it. They've got an big task in front of them if they want to do this, so I hope they do their homework and REALLY put forth some effort. If they are going into this to make a profit they should hang it up now. That's not what a cult classic is about.

Basically, if they just HAVE to do it, I want them to take they're time and get it right.

Archibaldo
08-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Who would you make a remake of such a crappy movie. Rocky Horror Picture Show is a terrible movie.

When I first clicked in I was expecting the topic to be about Rocky, not the transvestite movie.

Trevelyan_06
08-15-2008, 01:33 AM
Who would you make a remake of such a crappy movie. Rocky Horror Picture Show is a terrible movie.

When I first clicked in I was expecting the topic to be about Rocky, not the transvestite movie.

*quietly kills Arch and drags his body off*

Dann Woolf
08-15-2008, 09:32 AM
It's gonna get watered down like all holy Fuck.

Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Archibaldo
08-15-2008, 09:35 AM
*quietly kills Arch and drags his body off*

Oh come on, don't tell me you actually liked that movie. It was terrible. I don't understand people's obsession with this movie. I've seen it, and there's nothing to like about it. Unless you have a fetish for transvestite musicals.

Prrkitty
08-15-2008, 01:21 PM
I very much enjoyed the movie... unique as it is/was. And that's the draw for it, I think, for most people... it's uniqueness.

Trevelyan_06
08-15-2008, 01:54 PM
It's also got a type of dark humor that I really enjoyed. It's a movie that has fun with itself.