PDA

View Full Version : quick question

Jenny
08-10-2008, 11:48 PM
hi all, its been quite awhile from the last time I logged on and I was wondering...

whats the latest beta of ZC?

also, whats the latest stable version?

i've been pretty inactive with ZC for quite awhile and would like to get back into it and make some quests!

so yeah, just wondering about the versions. thanks :)

Edit: also i've read the stickies, but they dont really seem to cover much. :P

Russ
08-11-2008, 12:40 AM
Shardstorm.com.

All the 2.5 betas are there. Generally, the newest is the stablest.

Pineconn
08-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Holy crap, look who it is. Yeah, each new build of 2.5 gets better and better.

...Now make me some quests! :D

Jenny
08-11-2008, 12:25 PM
thanks! i'll just use the latest version then.... good god so many new things from the last time I used it! lol good to be back... now to spend hours upon hours getting resources for the game :p

Edit: i'm having trouble starting it up, I get this error:

"This application has failed to start because alleg42.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I dont have any installer... it was just a zip file with stuff in it that I put in a folder. any ideas?

ShadowTiger
08-11-2008, 01:18 PM
You have Windows 98, right? Sounds like you're having the same problem Freedom is having in This thread (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=103388).

Pielord
08-11-2008, 01:31 PM
I had the same problem. However, I just simple had to rename the file called alleg42_crt.dll to alleg42.dll. See if it works for you.

Pineconn
08-11-2008, 01:42 PM
I had the same problem. However, I just simple had to rename the file called alleg42_crt.dll to alleg42.dll. See if it works for you.

Yep, that's what you have to do. The devs just forgot to rename the file appropriately. Just do that and it will work.

Jenny
08-11-2008, 01:47 PM
thanks, works now. is there suppose to be alot of static in it? (edges of the map edit area and a box named "favorites" are fuzzy) also, it looks like I have 3 tile sections. if this is part of a new feature, what is it for? the 3 sections are basicly the same tileset 3 times o.O

Pineconn
08-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Yeah, that's the new "large" mode - it's supposed to look like that. If you want to use ZQuest as the regular mode, open up ZC Launcher (the yellow icon in the ZC folder), go to the ZQ tab, and uncheck "Large". Naturally, you can toggle between fullscreen and windowed modes like this too. A very nifty program indeed.

Jenny
08-11-2008, 01:54 PM
ok thanks. I figured out what all thoes are for now anyway lol. makes things alot easier