PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Undiscovery

Breaker
08-10-2008, 09:57 PM
If you like RPGS and have a 360... BUY THIS GAME. It comes out at the beginning of next month and is quite possibly IMO going to be one of the greatest RPGs of the year. I'm not even comparing it to Fall Out 3 though, this is a classic RPG style game made by square enix. Check out the story and trailer on it's main website here...

http://www.infiniteundiscovery.com/

DarkDragoonX
08-10-2008, 10:10 PM
this is a classic RPG style game made by square enix.

Actually, it's only being published by Square Enix... it was made by Tri-Ace. I'm not trying to be nitpicky, but expect a style more along the lines of Star Ocean than Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

Still looks like an awesome game.

Breaker
08-10-2008, 10:20 PM
I actually knew that.. originally it was actually going to be published by Microsoft, but then Square-Enix came in and bought the rights from them for publishing "to do the game right". Try-Ace has put out some awesome RPGs. I should have said published instead of "made". thanks for the clarifcation.

DarkDragoonX
08-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Everything Tri-Ace has done in the past, I've loved. They have an excellent track record of creating interesting RPGs with unique combat systems. Of the three RPGs I've been looking forward to (Fallout 3 and Tales of Vesperia being the other two), I consider Infinite Undiscovery the most likely to turn out well.

ctrl-alt-delete
08-11-2008, 12:04 AM
I am so fucking glad that I am about to be roommates with a friend who has a 360. :)

Gloomietta
08-11-2008, 12:28 AM
i hate not having a 360.... so many great games.
i suck-

Archibaldo
08-11-2008, 05:29 PM
It's coming out at the begging of next month? Strange that I had heard of it before then.

Breaker
08-12-2008, 08:31 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/dy1xdg.jpg

the above picture is the reason why i no longer play computer games. there is absolutely nothing like stretching out on the couch and playing an RPG infront of an entertainment center like the one ive set up. i wouldn't even be on the internet anymore except my laptop is perched up on my coffee table.

i can't wait for this game to come out. if you pre-order now you get a lithograph of the game and 5 free in-game items. i bought it on amazon already so it'll be delivered the day after it's release. i haven't looked forward to a game like this since Final Fantasy 12 (which i loved btw).

Flash Man
08-12-2008, 10:53 PM
http://jdberube.googlepages.com/DSC00107.JPG
I play computer games, just not very frequently. However I do the same thing in my living room on my other big screen.

Breaker
08-13-2008, 04:43 AM
that's a pretty nice setup too.

AlexMax
08-17-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm not even comparing it to Fall Out 3 though, this is a classic RPG style game made by square enix.

Technically, it's CRPG's, not JRPG's, which are considered 'classic'. The inspiration for the original Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy JRPG's came from Ultima III: Exodus, a CRPG. While Ultima decided to go in the 'open-world/open-ended' RPG style that was indicative of the rest of the Ultima series and western CRPG genre as a whole, the japanese instead emphasized grinding stats and linear story progression that led to the modern JRPG.