PDA

View Full Version : Mario Meets Mavis Beacon

Blisspath
08-09-2008, 06:14 PM
A good article over at Amazon at how MIT is proposing using outdated game consoles to produce low cost learning computers. If they morphed characters into a learning game wouldn't they still have to pay licensing fees? If that were the case, I don't think they could do it for 10-20 a piece..I like the idea though.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/PLNK1IL57F7L5T0K3

MasterSwordUltima
08-09-2008, 06:19 PM
All I can think of is "Mario Teaches Typing" and yeah.

Why is MIT doing this though? Shouldn't they be working on the portal thing used in Half-Life?

The_Amaster
08-09-2008, 09:49 PM
*singing*
Well he zips around the world from Kiev to Carolina,
Causing sonic booms all over, from Berlin down to Belize,
And you know he gets impatient on a slow boat to China,
Tell me
where
in
the
world
is
Sonic
the
Hedgehog?

Aegix Drakan
08-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Amaster, that was win.

XD

Breaker
08-09-2008, 10:19 PM
All I can think of is "Mario Teaches Typing" and yeah.

Why is MIT doing this though? Shouldn't they be working on the portal thing used in Half-Life?

right, because MIT only has one research team with the attention span of a gnat.. they can only study one thing at a time.

rock_nog
08-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Well, I don't think it'd be any great challenge to create new software from scratch, thus avoiding the whole copyright business. Really though, this idea sounds brilliant to me, and I can't believe no one's thought of it before. I mean, come on - how much power do you really need for things like word processing and database management, two of the primary uses for computers in the business world?

slothman
08-10-2008, 12:20 AM
A good article over at Amazon
at how MIT is proposing using outdated game consoles
to produce low cost learning computers. ...

I first read that as lemming computers.