PDA

View Full Version : AGN Fantasy Football

Pineconn
08-08-2008, 11:14 PM
Sorry. I'll get this running soon.

You'll have to create a free profile on www.nfl.com.

Current Participants:

Pineconn
Blisspath
War Lord
Beldaran
erm2003
Alphadawg
Gleeok
Pineconn_lolz

Blisspath
08-08-2008, 11:22 PM
I'll play...I need to play something to get the bad taste of finishing 10/12 in my baseball fantasy league this year.

War Lord
08-08-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm in.
Though might I suggest NFL.com's fantasy software.
I've used it for years and it is great. I'd say Yahoo follows closely behind it.

Beldaran
08-09-2008, 12:31 AM
I'll play! I love football.

I've never played Fantasy Football before, but it sounds fun.

erm2003
08-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Send me the info too. I normally do a Yahoo league with my friends, which I am still doing this year, but in case that tanks (which it has for the past few years) then maybe I will do well here. :)

Pineconn
08-09-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm in.
Though might I suggest NFL.com's fantasy software.
I've used it for years and it is great. I'd say Yahoo follows closely behind it.

Honestly, I never even knew NFL.com had a Fantasy Football package. I think I'll check it out.

Also, I should mention that I've never managed a league before. If anyone has prior experience, speak up. I'd prefer someone else more seasoned to run it than me. ;)

AlphaDawg
08-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Count me in.

Unfortunately I have no prior experience playing or running a fantasy football league, so I won't be able to help on the management side.

Gleeok
08-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Sign me up. :)

I have also never played this before so I can't be of any help. Thought about making a fantasy team before, just never had a reason to.

Prrkitty
08-09-2008, 11:59 PM
If I remember right Master Ghaleon has had experience with something like this ... ya might wanna send him a PM :)

Pineconn
08-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Surely we can get more than just seven participants. Nobody else here likes some good football?

Oh, and I should mention that I took WL's suggestion. We are now using NFL.com's fantasy. I like it a bit more. I'll PM all the info to everyone when we're ready to begin.

AlphaDawg
08-12-2008, 02:46 PM
I just signed up at NFL.com. My userid is AlphaDawg79.

I probably won't have access to the internets from tomorrow night until Sunday night (going to be at GenCon (http://www.gencon.com)) so hopefully that won't pose a problem. Damn upscale hotels (the Marriott, in this case) and their lack of free Wi-Fi!

Pineconn
08-12-2008, 09:47 PM
It won't. I made the deadline to sign up by next Monday, so the draft will be after that.

I signed up Pineconn_lolz if no one minds. I figured he could participate if it is necessary.

AlphaDawg
08-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Any updates? We're still going to do this, right?

Pineconn
08-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I just haven't had time to really set up times for the draft.

Which we need to do. I'll send a PM to everyone soon outlining the details of the league and draft.

Pineconn
08-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Uh... so we need 12 people to have a league at NFL.com? Any chance four more people would like to sign up for FREE Fantasy Football?

To all other participants: Sign up for a free account at NFL.com. Find a link for Fantasy Football (they're everywhere), and create a team. Find the "Armageddon Games Network" league (if there is another league without the "Network", like just "Armageddon Games", disregard it). Join this league and rank your players. The automated draft will be this Sunday. (If we do not meet this deadline, we could always start up another league.)

The league password is agn. Also, Blisspath, I couldn't send you a PM, so hopefully you are reading this. ;)

erm2003
08-27-2008, 07:38 PM
It's too bad we didn't know about the size limitation earlier. While Yahoo may not be everyone's favorite, the main requirement is that you have an even number of players for the draft, not a minimum of 12. Hopefully we can pull it off. If not then at least we have an alternative even though there isn't too much time.

Pineconn
08-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Well, today I just realized I messed up. I originally signed up for NFL's League Manager Fantasy Football, and I noticed we can have any number of players. Today I received an e-mail requesting I pay $150 for the package. Oops, looks like I signed up for the wrong package and not the free one. Sorry, NFL, you're not getting any $150 from me.

So if necessary we'll just use another site. :shrug:

AlphaDawg
08-29-2008, 12:31 AM
I just joined our league on NFL.com. If we're still having trouble getting players 9-12 I'll get on it. I know a lot of fantasy football addicts who won't mind joining one more league.

erm2003
08-29-2008, 01:39 AM
I'm in now too. That makes 4 of us so far.

Gleeok
08-29-2008, 06:56 AM
I just joined, however I still need to create a team for it. I'll have to do that later today.

Also when I was fumbling around the site creating an account I saw an eight team option for a league, at least I think so. You sure the minimum is twelve?

Pineconn
08-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Did you? I'll be sure to check into that. You might have seen League Manager - the Fantasy Football package that is not free.

erm2003
08-31-2008, 11:31 AM
I got an e-mail saying our league will be disbanded for not having enough players by today because it was the draft day. Do we move on to plan B?

MrCow
08-31-2008, 12:22 PM
ESPN > all