PDA

View Full Version : Eight people now own a $1000 iPhone screensaver

Prrkitty
08-08-2008, 03:22 PM
http://www.tgdaily.com/html_tmp/content-view-38796-118.html

Quote: Chicago (IL) – Would you pay $1000 for a pretty image and a secret message about how to stay rich on your cellphone? You may not, but eight people did – within the application’s first 24 hours of availability. The leaves the developer with a profit of about $5600 and all of us with another piece of evidence that anything can be sold for (almost) any price.

Quote: The LA Times reported that Apple did not provide any explanation to Heinrich regarding the application removal. "I have no idea why they did it and am not aware of any violation of the rules to sell software on the App Store," he told the paper. The developer revealed that six US-based customers purchased the application within the first 24 hours, one from Germany and one from France. Incredibly enough, Heinrich is convinced there is still demand for the application. "I am sure a lot more people would like to buy it - but currently can't do so," he said. We are sure he is right.

--------------------------------------

6 were US-based, 1 was from Germany, 1 was from France. Eh... no accounting for intelligence.

It never seems to boggle my mind why people are so dense, dumb and stupid.

EDIT: Maybe it'll give Apple a chance to use this... Apple’s secret iPhone kill switch a step too far?

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/38793/108/

Quote: An iPhone enthusiast discovered a kill switch that enables Apple to wipe a malicious or unauthorized iPhone application even after it has been paid for and installed on a user's iPhone. It did not take long for the information to spread and questions over the secrecy and purpose of the feature are being asked. While some argue that the blacklisting feature isn't in best interest of iPhone users, others believe it is effective weapon that can quickly kill potential malware and viruses hidden in legitimate applications. And yes, you guessed it right, Apple has not said anything yet.

Beldaran
08-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Since people are this dumb, I have also decided to sell something. It's very rare. There is only one and only a very special person will get it.

Official Hedonism Certificate (http://cgi.ebay.com/1st-Place-Hedonism-Certificate_W0QQitemZ110278100208QQcmdZViewItem?ha sh=item110278100208&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318)

MasterSwordUltima
08-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Everyone else who has it used some sort of bittorrent to get it.

Modus Ponens
08-09-2008, 02:53 PM
... I have also decided to sell something.

Your opening bid is way too low! Crank it up to at least five dollars to show some confidence. After all, that item is only worth owning if you paid a lot for it.

Breaker
08-09-2008, 03:01 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the people that purchased it were involved with the company in some way and this was all just a big publicity stunt.

MasterSwordUltima
08-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Or just a regular publicity stunt.

Except for maybe the french guy, but that goes without saying.