PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre gets traded to New York Jets

Pineconn
08-07-2008, 09:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3522971

.......What? This is a joke, right?

phattonez
08-07-2008, 09:45 PM
As long as I don't have to hear about Brett Favre every five minutes on ESPN I'll be happy.

The_Amaster
08-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Okay, yeah, this is just lame.
After that huge deal they made about "Oh, Brett Favre is retiring" and now he just decided, "yeah, changed my mind, I'm back"?
Lame!

Pus as a Cheesehead, I feel somewhat betrayed.

ZTC
08-08-2008, 12:23 AM
He shouldn't have retired in the first place. Also being a fellow cheesehead, I'm disappointed with this turn of events.

erm2003
08-08-2008, 01:06 AM
You have to admit, at least Green Bay got minimal a 4th round draft pick for someone who was supposed to retire anyway. Something for nothing. They didn't plan on using Favre and now they have future considerations. This is a win win situation for the Packers and the Jets. Though as a Bills fan I am not too excited to see him playing my team twice if anything major happens, but it's the Jets so I doubt it.

AlphaDawg
08-10-2008, 09:31 PM
I think not allowing Brett Fav-ruh to immediately reassume his starting job with the Packers is one of the dumbest things the Packers could have done. As I heard somebody (I forget who) on one of the ESPN chat shows say, Brett Fav-ruh choosing to unretire was a gift from God to the Green Bay Packers.

If Brett Fav-ruh is only half as good this year for the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets as he was for the Packers last year that should be good enough to get them to the playoffs thanks to their weak, last-place schedule. On the other hand, despite a happy and wealthy Ryan Grant, a stout defense, and a fairly weak division I predict the Packers will be no better than 7-9 this year with Aaron Rodgers as the starting QB.

AtmaWeapon
08-10-2008, 11:02 PM
My guess is the whole thing is some kind of contract hissy fit by a bunch of big babies who feel like how much money they have really makes a difference past the sixth digit. It's probably something stupid like Favre wanted more money and the Packers told him he could eat a big fat one. After he finished eating it, he decided he still wanted more money and he noticed that if he retired, his contract was over. So, he retired, pretended to be retired for a while, then decided, "Oh, I'll play football again, retirement sucks!" He decided to come back because obviously now the Packers knew he meant business. I wonder if he predicted this outcome?

Of course I don't follow this stuff at all so maybe I'm really wrong, but I bet it has something to do with contracts and him "not getting paid what he's worth".

aces2022
08-11-2008, 05:07 AM
Either way you look at it, if your a cheesehead then you should be glad he didn't go to Minnesota. Besides the Jets have a stable offense, that with Farve can only grow better, and a constantly improving defense, I would look to the jets to at least tip a few scales on who goes to the playoffs even if they don't.