PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a problem with Tile Warps.

Dmth[Link]
08-06-2008, 03:14 AM
So I was following Alphadawgs tutorial, and had already successfully created warps to the cave screen. I set up a shop, hint, and a sword cave and everything was working perfectly. Then when I try to set up a warp to the dungeon, not only does it not work, none of the other cave warps work either. Although one 'it's a secret' room beneath a burnable bush still works. I keep checking the tile warp menu where the entrance to the dungeon is; It reads 'entrance/exit' to 'dmap 1' screen 73. So I think everything should be in order. I really have no idea what's wrong.

erm2003
08-06-2008, 06:20 AM
Did you set the coordinates for the dungeon based on the slider map in the dmap settings? Don't use the main map to set those coordinates up since a dungeon follows a smaller grid. Try adjusting that first if that's the problem and see what that fixes.

Dmth[Link]
08-08-2008, 01:51 AM
Yeah, the coordinates are right. And I did some links to other dungeons within my first dungeon and those all work fine. So I guess it's only the tile warps on the overworld that don't work. Although I tried some tile warps on the overworld and those did work.

Dmth[Link]
08-09-2008, 01:25 AM
Okay, I don't want to sound stupid, but I've run into another problem. At first, I couldn't get the push block to open shutter command to work, so I switched from push verticle flag to push four way flag. While it solved the problem, I discovered upon testing my quest that several rooms had all four doors present, where there should have only been one or two. The extra doors don't even show up in Zquest, only during play. Anyone have any ideas?

kdj666
08-13-2008, 08:53 PM
;1189166']Okay, I don't want to sound stupid, but I've run into another problem. At first, I couldn't get the push block to open shutter command to work, so I switched from push verticle flag to push four way flag. While it solved the problem, I discovered upon testing my quest that several rooms had all four doors present, where there should have only been one or two. The extra doors don't even show up in Zquest, only during play. Anyone have any ideas?

You might have made two extra doors and then covered them with wall tiles.

Dmth[Link]
08-21-2008, 02:07 AM
Okay thanks, all of my walls are as they should be.
But no one has any other ideas about the tile warp problem?

Jackal
08-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Have you set up your side warps as well?

PizzaMan
08-22-2008, 02:02 AM
When you say your warps don't work do you mean that they take you to some random screen or that they don't take you anywhere at all?

Dmth[Link]
08-22-2008, 03:56 AM
All tile warps involving the cave tile don't work. Side warps and burnable secret combos, as do the waterfall entrances do work. It's just that when I step on a cave tile, nothing happens I go nowhere.

PizzaMan
08-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Do you have the tile set as a warp-type combo?

Dmth[Link]
08-23-2008, 10:39 PM
Yes! That was it! I had somehow accidently set the cave tile to blank. A feature which has somehow eluded me this whole time. I feel dumb, but thank you very much.
Since I'm still here though, I might as well throw these ones out.
1)Whenever I enter level one, Link AUTOMATICALLY walks out. But only on level one, not in the caves or anywhere else.
2) Is there a way I can have on freeform dungeons and have Link walk UNDER the doorways?
I hope these don't sound dumb, but thanks again for your help everyone.

Elmensajero
08-23-2008, 11:27 PM
1) That is an odd issue when working with dungeons. Try putting Link's starting tile on top of the door itself instead of in front of it. (I think that worked for me before, but I could be wrong).

2) Huh? Link should still walk under the doorways set up normally when the freeform rule is checked. However, if you are physically placing the door combos down in a particular section, just set the ones you want Link to walk under as combo type "Overhead".

Jackal
08-27-2008, 05:06 PM
1. You know, I was experiencing a glitch like that when I played Link to the Future. I wondered if maybe it was a temporary thing meant to keep me out of dungeons I wasn't supposed to access yet, but maybe it was an error in construction.