PDA

View Full Version : Milestone!

Modus Ponens
08-05-2008, 04:54 AM
I'd just like to indulge in a milestone post here. See, while everyone else here at AGN was off getting 1000 posts, I was... not. I spent a while away from AGN, but now I really have come to enjoy this community. There are people here who I truly appreciate, and there's almost always something going on.

Sure, AGN's heyday is a few years gone, when there were always dozens of people online, and every day you could count on waking up to ten new posts in GD alone. But those days were different, I feel. It's almost like it's gone from being a loud, raucous party in a nightclub in Seattle to being a calm, cozy get-together in an ice cream parlor in Bellingham. In short, I value the time I spend here now a lot more than I did then.

So, thank you, fellow AGN members. My life is just that much better because of you.

Except Beldaran.

So, for my custom avatar, I would like....

erm2003
08-05-2008, 06:15 AM
Congrats on finally reaching 1,000! Here's to 1,000 more!

ZTC
08-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Custom avatar? That policy changed a long time ago. ;) Congradulations on reaching 1,000 posts.

Beldaran
08-05-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm always happy to receive a dishonorable mention. =)

Prrkitty
08-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Congrats on the milestone hon. :)

XMuppetSB
08-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Congrats on the 1k, Riverman. By the way, are you going to use a custom title?

Modus Ponens
08-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Yeah, if I can figure out how. Do I have to ask for it, or does it magically become available to me?

EDIT: There we go.

Russ
08-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Congrats on 1,000 posts!

It's almost like it's gone from being a loud, raucous party in a nightclub in Seattle to being a calm, cozy get-together in an ice cream parlor in Bellingham.
I couldn't have said it better myself. By the way, why Bellingham? I've seen better ice cream parlors around Seattle than in Bellingham. :D

So, thank you, fellow AGN members. My life is just that much better because of you.

Except Beldaran.

Thank you so much for speaking the words in my head. :)

Beldaran
08-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Well, since I'm so horrible, at least take solace in the fact that while you're in heaven I'll be burning in hell along with Pamela Anderson, Mark Twain, Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, Jimi Hendrix, and Jenna Jameson. You'll be up there with, oh let's see, Jerry Falwell?

Have fun with that.

phattonez
08-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Congrats Riverman. Enjoy the spotlight. And ignore Bel trying to drag this into another religious debate.

Beldaran
08-05-2008, 05:33 PM
If you think that was a segue into a debate, you don't know anything about debate.

Modus Ponens
08-05-2008, 05:38 PM
I've seen better ice cream parlors around Seattle than in Bellingham. :D

Obviously you've never eaten at Mallard.

And Bel, I'm pretty sure Falwell will be down there. He'll be like the annoying "friend" who keeps hanging around and won't leave you alone. I mean, it is Hell, after all.

Beldaran
08-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Jerry Falwell can't possibly be in hell. He believed in and loved Jesus which is all that is necessary to get into heaven according to the bible.

I used to go to Stuart's (Stewarts?) Coffee House in Bellingham and listen to the weirdos recite their crappy poems. Of course, I was just doing it to be with the intellectually vacuous girls I was hanging around with, but come on, they were hot.

Russ
08-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Obviously you've never eaten at Mallard.

Nope, I'll have to go there sometime.

And Beldaran, why must you turn every thread into a religious debate?

Beldaran
08-05-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm not debating you, russ. I'm making fun of you. It's very different.

The_Amaster
08-05-2008, 06:35 PM
so...back on topic.
Way to go Riverman. How does it feel to be a thousandee?

Sam Atoms
08-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Congrats Riverman.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.

Modus Ponens
08-05-2008, 07:04 PM
How does it feel to be a thousandee?

Pretty much identical to what it was like before, except now I have another digit in my post count, and this swell custom title.

Also now I can fly.

Trevelyan_06
08-07-2008, 03:56 AM
Well, since I'm so horrible, at least take solace in the fact that while you're in heaven I'll be burning in hell along with Pamela Anderson, Mark Twain, Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking, Jimi Hendrix, and Jenna Jameson. You'll be up there with, oh let's see, Jerry Falwell?

Have fun with that.

I believe what you were going for is the following....
"But if I go to hell then I hope I burn well,
I'll spend my days with J.F.K., Marvin Gaye, Martha Raye, and Lawrence Welk,
And Kurt Cobain, Kojak, Mark Twain and Jimi Hendrix's poltergeist,
And Webster yeah Emmanuel Lewis cause he's the anti-christ,"

Points for whoever can tell where that little snippet of song is from.

Also, Riverman...PFFT about you flying. Anyone can fly, for a short time. Landing, now there in lies the tricky bit.

Dechipher
08-10-2008, 09:40 PM
That's Bloodhound Gang, Hell Yeah. I think it was on Hooray For Boobies.

I enjoy that song.