PDA

View Full Version : Combo Types on Layers?

The_Amaster
08-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Is there any specific reason why combo types don't apply on layers?
Only I find it annoying for things like bushes where if I want to place them on say, a fringe between sand and grass I'd need to make new combos for every possible option, as opposed to simply placing them on layer 1.

_L_
08-04-2008, 11:31 PM
You refer of course to the 'Destructible' and 'Enemy Placement' types (http://shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/Combo_Types), which are the few that don't work on layers.

The primary reason is backwards compatability! Namely, that we (that is, they) were going to implement it, but they forgot, and now it's too late!

We could conceivably make a quest rule, but right now we (that is, I) don't feel like dealing with the ramifications for the Under Combo, Link's Tall Grass sprite decoration, and such.

...Incidentally, your other recourse is to place the bush on layer 0 and the sand fringe on a backgrounded layer 2.

Joe123
08-05-2008, 06:26 AM
...Incidentally, your other recourse is to place the bush on layer 0 and the sand fringe on a backgrounded layer 2.

Yah, the 'Layer 2 is background' screen flag is actually pretty useful really.

XMuppetSB
08-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Yah, the 'Layer 2 is background' screen flag is actually pretty useful really.

In addition, there is also a 'Layer 3 is background' screen flag just below that 'Layer 2 Background' flag.

Russ
08-05-2008, 02:49 PM
So that's what those screen flags do. I always wondered what they were for.