PDA

View Full Version : Toby

The Desperado
08-02-2008, 01:50 AM
So, my bf and I had been thinking about getting a dog for the past year or so. But we wanted to wait until the time was right and we were prepared for one.

Well, that time was today.

AGN, meet Toby.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3073/2723764853_2ec0aa10d0.jpg?v=0

Toby is a 8 week old Golden Retriever. He is a Gemini. So far, he enjoys sleeping and eating. In his spare time, Toby likes to eat and to sleep. He is also a big fan of naps and buffets. He dislikes his leash and kitty cats (cause kittys are mean). His perfect date would be a walk on the beach followed by a round of butt sniffing.

Breaker
08-02-2008, 03:07 AM
golden retrievers are great. he looks like a lot of fun. goodluck with the potty training!

Modus Ponens
08-02-2008, 03:11 AM
Aaaaa! What a sweetie! Oh man. Goldens. Love 'em. I love the name, too. Can he shoot a laser that bounces off the walls?

EDIT: I'm an idiot! His name is Toby, like the title of the thread suggests. His name is not Gemini; he is a Gemini. DOY.

ZTC
08-02-2008, 11:03 AM
How adorable! Hope he doesn't chew up too much stuff on ya.

Brasel
08-02-2008, 11:30 AM
BF? Best friend of boy friend? 0_o

Masamune
08-02-2008, 12:56 PM
I didn't know you were gay. :o

And that's a cute fucking dog jesus christ.

erm2003
08-02-2008, 02:35 PM
I didn't know you were gay. :o

Read his posts more carefully. ;)

Very cute dog! I can't have dogs where I live but when I am home at my parents (like now) I can hang out with the two we have here and I love it.

moocow
08-02-2008, 07:24 PM
AWwww, he's stinkin adorable!!! I wanna come seeeeeeee him! I got my sister a golden puppy 3 years ago for her birthday... she's such a good dog, and was super easy to potty train!

Shazza Dani
08-02-2008, 07:33 PM
It just occurred to me that I've never seen a golden puppy before. The sight makes me imagine that when it grows older it will lose its yellow fuzz and grow feathers like a chicken. That would be the coolest dog ever.

Prrkitty
08-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Absolutely adorable puppy. Whenever I see a goldie I always wanna just go love up on 'em... they're so soft and cuddly.

I hope his life with you is always a happy one. Remember to start him off early with obedience training. Life will be easier for you, and him, if you do.

Teddy, my Toy Poodle, was 6 1/2 months old when we got him and hadn't had much, if any, obedience training - only Show Ring training (he's show quality - but 10 1/2 inches at the shoulder so he's 1/2 inch too tall to quality for showing in the Toy Breed dogs).

His training was a bit more difficult. He'd already developed some issues. Thankfully he took, and passed, the Beginner and Intermediate Training Classes at Petsmart. We're holding off for the Advanced Training until he's a bit older (he'll be 3years old in 5 days). We're thinking of redoing his Intermediate training again before we do the Advanced. His trainer just took, and passed, classes for training search dogs, police dogs and service dogs... so she's smart. :) And of course she adores Teddy :)

vegeta1215
08-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Very cute. Looks just like our golden did when he was a puppy :D

The Desperado
08-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Another pic.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3063/2726632769_2cb9aeaa6b.jpg

Today was a very exciting day because Toby meet his grandparents and learned that the lady at the bank drive through will send tasty treats through that weird tube thingy.

Oh, and I thought my sexual orientation was long established knowledge. If you didn't know.....SUPRISE!!!!

Brasel
08-03-2008, 02:27 AM
He's such a cute puppy. Give him some scratches for me.

rock_nog
08-03-2008, 03:20 AM
Absolutely adorable puppy. I'm more of a kitty person myself, but even I can't resist the brain-melting cuteness of that puppy.

Also, I'm really weirded out that the sexual orientation thing came as a surprise. Heck, as a general rule, I never know anything about anything, and yet even I knew.

SUCCESSOR
08-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Why would you do that to that poor dog? He's gonna grow up confused, wondering why he has two daddies when others have a mommy and a daddy! Then years of trauma, therapy, and sexual frustration will lead to his ultimate suicide and an eternity in HELL! DOGGY HELL! May Dog have mercy on your soul!

Modus Ponens
08-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Doggy Hell is actually slightly nicer than San Francisco in the springtime.

Breaker
08-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Doggy Hell is actually slightly nicer than San Francisco in the springtime.

this is going to be one of your best posts you've ever made here.