PDA

View Full Version : Does the "treat as interior room" screen flag not work?

idontknow
08-01-2008, 06:07 PM
It appears so. Let me try to explain...

I've been working on a lava boss called "Magmar"--there's a non-linear progression of attacks, thanks to Random Timed Warps & Free-Form combos. However, the player will ultimately be warped to a screen where the boss is vulnerable, via flags. I have a "sword (any)" flag placed upon the vulnerable spot. Then I have Flag 16 placed on every floor tile and its secret combo is exactly the same (including the "none" type). I have Flag 16's secret combo's flag be Flag 17, and Flag 17's secret combo's flag is 18, and so on until flag 23 or so. This is so that the player must strike the boss multiple times until the floor finally turns into pit combos, in which case it should take the player directly to a screen where the boss is dead.

Now, also note that on the screen with the flags is a direct timed warp. This is so that the player only has so much time to get in a few attacks before the boss continues to attack & he is no longer vulnerable. The player can slash a few times (thereby triggering 3 of the sequence of secret flags). But he/she must avoid the bosses attacks until the next time, when he/she can attack the boss again. What should happen is that the already-triggered flags should stay triggered so that upon returning, if you trigger enough flags, the boss will die.

HOWEVER...this is NOT the case. Instead, the flags always reset so it's a never-ending boss battle. I do have the "treat as interior room" screen flag set and I do have the secret combos & their flags set up appropriately. I'm thinking this is a bug of some sort with either how flags are triggered or the "treat as interior room" screen flag is not working.

_L_
08-01-2008, 11:12 PM
What should happen is that the already-triggered flags should stay triggered

What?! Are you sure?!

No. You're wrong. Tiered secrets do not save in more than one tier!

idontknow
08-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Oh i see...Then what's the best way to give a custom boss multiple HP using Flags without having to copy the entire map (and without using scripting)?

Joe123
08-02-2008, 12:51 PM
(and without using scripting)?

Damnit, there goes my answer >_<