PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe??

Breaker
07-30-2008, 01:44 PM
http://www.worldscollide.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcOoCxwJCzY

I'm not sure if this is brilliant or rediculous. Maybe a little bit of both... check out the above trailer if you haven't heard of it yet. I've been a big fan of the MK universe since the first game was released in the arcade.. when going to the arcade was fun and cool, and not some mall pedo playground.

The MK characters and DC villians will receive fatalities in the game, but the DC heroes like Superman, Batman, etc will NOT. They will only perform brutalities. Lame. I would have loved to see batman decapitate/impale catwoman with his armgaurds or something equally twisted. :(

rock_nog
07-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Wow, so they've got fatalities? After seeing the first trailer, I had been under the impression that they were toning the gore down. Also, having Superman or the Flash as characters is just weird.

Beldaran
07-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Having DC superheroes as characters in a fighting game is kind of stupid, in my opinion, because their powers are so unbalanced.

rock_nog
07-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Well, it makes sense for say, Batman and Catwoman, but I don't get Superman at all. There are two possible routes to go - either he kills characters in one hit, or you take away all his powers (obviously, they took the power-removal route). But then, if you take away his powers, what's the point of playing as him?

MottZilla
07-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Having DC superheroes as characters in a fighting game is kind of stupid, in my opinion, because their powers are so unbalanced.

Actually, they explained that during the game there is an explanation as to why the two universes collide and why things like Superman's invulnerability doesn't apply. They do address the issues for ubber nerds.

rock_nog
07-30-2008, 04:57 PM
The DC universe has always gotta be colliding with something, doesn't it? I guess it ran out of versions of itself to collide with, and now it's moved on to colliding with other universes.

Kairyu
07-30-2008, 09:28 PM
IT'S MAGICKZ.

No, seriously, it's magic. Apparently it's already canon that Superman isn't invulnerable to magic (which makes sense).
Anyway, I haven't traditionally been interested in the MK series, but I do like the sound of some of the changes they're making. Pro moves in particular sound kinda cool.

Mr. 207
07-30-2008, 10:01 PM
I think it makes perfect sense that the DC superheros don't have fatalities while the DC villains do. Take Superman for example. One of the things about Superman is, he doesn't kill anyone. Even his arch enemies. I don't follow all the other DC superheros, but I would wager its probably the same for them as well. The villains on the other hand are the bad guys, so naturally they'll be willing to kill people and should have fatalities.

Beldaran
07-30-2008, 10:23 PM
That's why I like The Punisher. (Marvel Comics). He destroys his enemies.

Breaker
07-30-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm betting we'll see the Joker as a playable character, especially with everybody going crazy over Heath Ledger's latest performance.

Beldaran
07-31-2008, 12:28 AM
The Joker needs to have fatalities... like the pencil trick. :evil:

ZTC
07-31-2008, 12:29 AM
I thought I read off of fark that Joker has been confirmed...good to see that for the most part fatalaties are intact. If I had a newer system, I'd get this game when it comes out. *sigh*

Dann Woolf
08-08-2008, 04:02 PM
It's... it's like a cheap Asian knock-off of Marvel VS Capcom.