PDA

View Full Version : Car sickness... motion sickness. An article that might help.

Prrkitty
07-29-2008, 02:54 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/07/15/car.sick/index.html

I seem to remember awhile back that someone around here mentioned that they get motion sickness and thought this might help. I couldn't remember who it was or I would have sent this to them personally.

Shazza Dani
07-29-2008, 02:56 PM
I get car sick. >.< But I'm pretty much never in a car anyway; I ride my bike everywhere.

erm2003
07-29-2008, 03:54 PM
A good friend of mine gets motion sickness often in a car to the point where she wants to drive almost any time we go somewhere. That often helps, but these other tips will be good when she isn't behind the wheel. Nice find.

phattonez
07-29-2008, 04:00 PM
I get motion sickness pretty bad on rollercoasters (I never go to a park like that without Dramamine), and I always get it in cars when I read or try to watch something. It's just something that you eventually learn to deal with.

Archibaldo
07-29-2008, 09:24 PM
I get nauseous when I'm in a car and there's no intake of fresh air. So in the winter when the windows have to be rolled up I some times get motion sickness. The fresh air really helps I find.

rock_nog
07-29-2008, 10:14 PM
You know, I don't get motion sick, but cars do make me nervous. It's actually a large part of why I don't drive (other than it's prohibitively expensive and bad for the environment). Ugh, I don't even like riding in cars, unless it's a quick trip in town. Heck, I rode up with my sisters when I moved back up to Minnesota (they were on their way back to school in Wisconsin, so they dropped me off on the way), and I was white-knuckled the entire trip. Especially when we got into Iowa and this mysterious, incredibly thick fog descended over the landscape.