PDA

View Full Version : Global Arrays

LinktheMaster
07-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Basically, I've been working on a quest where I was trying to use global arrays to store information like whether cutscenes had been viewed or not. However, I seem to have hit a bit of a snag.

Whenever I first start the quest, I can access and change those arrays fine, but after I save, quit, and restart the quest... nothing with those arrays seems to work.

So, I was wondering what the limitations are on global arrays and how we can get around them.

Also, in the changelog, there was the following:
And finally, the additions of arrays to the scripting engine! Took a lot of work, but they're in. Now, each running script has the option via the global Declare() function to allocate for itself a block of memory. This block of memory is used as a scratch space for declaring and using arrays. One block is continually persistent as a 'global' memory and is used by default when an ffc or item script doesn't declare a piece of memory. Also included is a new section of memory in save files that allows you to store whatever miscellaneous data you like. ( jman2050, 2008-03-04 11:27:42 )
How exactly does the Declare() function work with arrays and saving to the save file?

Any help would be appreciated. :)