PDA

View Full Version : SotW 15 (winner is _L_)

Pineconn
07-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Are Amaster and Joe123 gone, or what?

_L_

http://l.j-factor.com/zeldaclassic/iczc.png

The lava falls have frozen in midair!

Patrick Spulock

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm120/Org13/CT.png

This one goes out to all of you Chrono Trigger fans.

Sam Atoms

http://thedarkhideout.homestead.com/files/images/zpcnew.png

Yes, kid, you can go play in the tower, but only AFTER you pose for this picture.

Russ
07-28-2008, 09:46 PM
_L_: nice design, but the perspective is wrong.
Patrick: Very good, no complaint here.
Sam Atoms: Wow, symetrical, but good.

Hard to choose, but I'm going with _L_ because of the design.

BTW Pineconn, you should give your backup SotW staff (meaning myself and bobrocks) the password to the SotW account so we can do our job of posting SotW when Joe and Amaster don't.

Edit: Pineconn, you forgot to post a poll. :P

The_Amaster
07-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Oh, yeah, no sorry, just getting back into the whole "living my life" groove.
I'll be back on top of stuff next week.

Hmmm, gotta go with Sam Atoms here. I just like the composition..

Legend789
07-28-2008, 10:43 PM
_L_
It's a very unique use of the classic tileset. But it seems a little odd. Things sorta seem a bit out of place and it's too gray. Maybe a different modified palette, and a bit of a combo cleanup would improve it much more. But overall I like it. (8/10)

Patrick Spulock
This is really cool :P I remember Chrono Trigger because of the music, but I didn't really play it too much unfortunately. I would suggest making the fog a little more transparent, but I don't know if it's supposed to be like that. (17/20)

Sam Atoms
This looks like a modified BS-Zelda tileset. I like the castle and the well-roundedness of the water and cliffs. And also the brightness. I've always kinda thought that those trees look a bit add though :P But it's my favorite one this week. (9/10) *Vote*

Pineconn
07-28-2008, 11:37 PM
_L_ got my vote for the most interesting screen design. Taking away the fog, Patrick's is pretty simplistic, and about Sam Atoms's, while I'm a fan of dungeon symmetry, I really don't like symmetrical overworld screens. _L_'s reminds me of playing Zelda II back in the day.

Shazza Dani
07-29-2008, 01:51 AM
Sam Atoms' shot is nice and has a pretty unique feel, but I think I'd like it a lot more if the Zelda graphics were replaced with something else. *votes for Sammy*

Pineconn
07-31-2008, 11:09 PM
Hmmm, it's close. Not another tie! :p

Sam Atoms
08-04-2008, 04:38 AM
Congratulations _L_. I'm glad that I was able to give you a pretty good race. There was one point when I thought I had a shot to chalk it up, but you deserved to win this one. You've been recently working on a landmark quest, unlike me.

Joe123
08-04-2008, 06:07 AM
Are Amaster and Joe123 gone, or what?

Oh, I was actually =P
Sorry about that, I was on holiday last week and I only just got back.
I'm also away next monday, and the monday after that >_<
I'm not away all of those weeks, just happens to be on the mondays.
Sorry about that, I'm around after then.

Russ
08-06-2008, 12:17 AM
So here it is Tuesday, and no SotW. This wouldn't be happening if our backup SotW staff *cough*me*cough* had the password. So, somebody post it. And Pineconn, it would be nice if you could give me and bobrocks the password for the SotW account.

SotW
08-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Unfortunatly, the shot Alex-Link sent us doesn't show up in the message, and even if it did, we'd only have two shots. Come on people, we need more entries.

~Amaster

Shazza Dani
08-06-2008, 12:23 PM
I'll submit an old shot just to get the ball a-rollin'

SotW
08-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Okay, can we get one last entry. Although at this point we may just have to make it SotW 17.

Pineconn
08-07-2008, 09:27 PM
We might as well just delay SotW 16 until next Monday. I might just submit one for the heck of it....

Russ
08-09-2008, 01:33 AM
I might submit one.

Shazza Dani
08-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Is there enough shots now to start SotW tomorrow?

Russ
08-10-2008, 01:59 PM
There had better be. If there aren't, I'll just submit an old crappy shot to get the contest going.

Pineconn
08-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Don't worry, we now have 3 entries. SotW 16 will be set up tomorrow.