PDA

View Full Version : zelda classic

timothysanford
07-28-2008, 02:57 PM
"C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\My Documents\zc2102w"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\lost islre\Lost-Isle-Build"
"C:\Program Files\ZC2.10"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\My Documents\zelda\ZC 2.5 b254 (Windows-only)"

these are the 4 platforms i use for different games. different games are accessible by different i have a question: is there a program that can READ the cfg files so that i can rename the loctions of games? i want to chage it so that ALL the games from the 4 paltforms be combined into ONE platform. i want backward-compatibily platform is that possible? when you reply, reply like you would to a 10-year-old because i dont know programming.
islre is SET. when i renmaned the folder to ISLE the program couldnt find game. so its islre

Beldaran
07-28-2008, 03:33 PM
I basically don't understand your question, however can't you just open .cfg files with notepad and change the values that way?

ShadowTiger
07-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Firstly, there is no backwards compatibility. Anything you save in a later version can't be opened or played in a previous version. That will always be true. (But the reverse isn't. You can open a 2.10 quest in a 2.5 build, though I can't guarantee you won't find any bugs in the conversion.)

Otherwise, if you want ease of you, just put everything in the same folder as long as it's for the same version. So keep all your 2.10 stuff in the same folder, and all your Beta 254 content in the same folder, etc.

Otherwise, you can actually open your cfg file in notepad if you wanted to. Very easily. You've already listed the pathnames to your ZC Areas, so you shouldn't have any problem changing them if you decide to move all your ZC stuff into the same subfolder.

I, for example, keep all my ZC Stuff in C:\Program Files\ZC 210 and \ZC 211 All in different subfolders.

biggiy05
07-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Moved to ZC discussion.